March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Kitase, Japanese magazines elusively hint at further implementation of milking, er, polymorphism? with the Final Fantasy VII brand

pixel
They are taking this polymorphism thing way too seriously...

And after gunslinging-Vincent, what would we have? Streetfighting-Tifa..? An Einh?nder clone featuring Cid Highwind as the noble pilot-hero..?
staff
pixel
bahahahah. why not? if it makes money, do it! Final Fantasy VII could become the first "brand" based on the Final Fantasy parent brand. Just think, an anime series based around some of the characters, with rollouts on all consoles, an MMORPG and cellphone/DS/PSP online title. Shareholders will love it, fans will love it, self-acclaimed gamers will make a big announcement in a desperate attempt to stand out from the crowd, and Square Enix will MAKE MONEY. These guys are brilliant. I wish I could come up with the idea of renaming something Capcom has been doing for years and walking away as if it's sliced bread.
pixel
Rahul - It's unnecessary to throw jabs and insults at me :(
pixel
well if square has the ability to pwn the other gaming industries, it would be dumb not to :p
i want a DDR FFVII Game now please.
staff
pixel
I don't see how this discontent by malcontents is any different from the kind spouted back when Square severed ties with Nintendo. Only this time Final Fantasy VII is worshipped as the gold standard of Square games, with a feeble, dishonest shout-out to FF1-6 to establish old-school cred. Josh claims that "our beloved franchises are being violated," but he doesn't do anything other than scapegoating Wada for what he perceives is a shift in company's vision toward cold business-like calculation, as though back in the day "they" were unpretentious, back-slapping chums devoted to the purity of the game... er, RPG... and commited to an esprit de corps with us, those of us who were privy to Great Ideas. It's hard for me to reconcile his crowing about the prostituting of Square's franchises with his fondness for FFXI and FFX-2.
staff
pixel
I thought Nomura was directing FFVII: AC...
pixel
Paul, I just read squareamp.com.

The prostitution that's going on doesn't seem nearly as bad as it is with some companies. I mean, at least Square (Enix) seems interested in preserving the integrity of its games and properties. Say what you will about Advent Children, but it has Cloud in a cool-looking black coat with a big sword, Sephiroth with long, grey hair, and at least one shot of Sephy walking through burning ruins. They're excellent screenshots to release when you're pandering to a public that likes and remembers originals. Also, I wanted to remind everyone, if they do remake FF7 it will be the first time they have ever done so.
pixel
Also, he says "in spite of all this", he enjoys FFIX and X-2. Meaning, sure he likes the games, but he's still hardcore. HARD COOOORREEEE!!
staff
pixel
Article corrected; seems like the source I got the news from was actually wrong. Fuckers.
staff
pixel
Damned stupid people (them) for not getting it right! Kitase? Director? Sure...
I'm interested to see what Nomura comes out with, after all, FFVII's characters were his...
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1045 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?