March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / The Great Square Haven 2006 Improvement Thread

staff
pixel
We're looking at our 9th year of existence in 2006. If you still actually visit the site, what would you like to see us work on the coming year?

What we won't be doing:
- Fan fiction & fan art
- Removing ads
- "RPG" forum features
pixel
i think more square-enix games should be added into the site...
including the dragon quest series! dont hit me!!!
vip
pixel
Search cyber-space and all your harddrives and find us the original "Is Square Dead" thread...
pixel
Rahul said:
We're looking at our 9th year of existence in 2006. If you still actually visit the site, what would you like to see us work on the coming year?

What we won't be doing:
- Fan fiction & fan art
- Removing ads
- "RPG" forum features

9 years?!?!?!
crap! can we have a party?!?!?
pixel
I can honestly say this is one of the best sites I have ever viewed. I honestly couldn't believe the shock and aw when I came to the forums and saw the numbers considering how well the home page and everything about the main site is presented. For improving the site? get your name out there more, get more people here to this great site.

As for content, just add more guides, lots of work but you guys do a great job. I love this site, wish I could code php like you guys I would make my site just like it if i could lol.
pixel
Death God said:
I can honestly say this is one of the best sites I have ever viewed. I honestly couldn't believe the shock and aw when I came to the forums and saw the numbers considering how well the home page and everything about the main site is presented. For improving the site? get your name out there more, get more people here to this great site.

As for content, just add more guides, lots of work but you guys do a great job. I love this site, wish I could code php like you guys I would make my site just like it if i could lol.

yah.. i have ur button in all my siggys to the forums i go to.
cause i also think this is a great community and it should grow.
pixel
You should have been here three years ago, the forums were a sight to behold then.

I really can't see anything that will be a major improvement on the main site, the news updates are essential enough, which is good, not like other sites posting whatever random crap they can find. No one ever chacks the splash page and a rumble of the month it better than a rumble of the week for it could easily collapse into stupidity, I wouldn't mind seeing the poll back though. For the game pages, I really don't see that anyone would be willing to actually create content for those, the lack of reader reviews is apparent in that, but I did notice there are gaps in the game database that should be fixed (mainly Enix games). The album database is a minor thing, if someone really wanted to check it out they would be better off checking the orginal at Square Sound. More user options? What more options can we get? A kick the Staff in the balls option? News via forums might end up being a good idea, maybe we could drag more people into here and hopefully revive this place and which would lead to heated discussion on the current breaking news instead of a load of random comments.
staff
pixel
Hey that album database is handy! And for your information certain websites that I used to try and use translate things stupidly. I had to re-translate some of the albums here because they were dodgy.

I want the poll back!
staff
pixel
Nephtis, please come to the IRC channel sometime.
staff
pixel
That I would, but here I am stuck on the university lab machines, which I cannot access IRC through no matter how I try. Although I will be moving shortly, at the end of this month in fact. Then I can IRC until my eyes bleed.
staff
pixel
Death God said:

Forum membership doesn't mean everything. We don't want 2000 people active all the time because the overall quality of posts would be equal to having 12 year olds running around screaming OMG KINGOMD HEARTS IZ TEH GTREATST GAEM!!!!1111111 and inserting all kinds of unnecessary drama everywhere. What we have at the moment is a bunch of satirically minded "intellectuals" that debate various topics including Square games, which most of the time involves some level of interesting banter not found elsewhere (such as FFonline or any of the other "lol roleplaying"/otaku-minded fan-friendlies that compete with us).

In short, we're not really interested in that kind of attention. What we do know is who reads us, what kind of audience we attract, and how we can keep those people reading. What the poll is about is how we can improve the site towards the tastes of those people (yourself apparently included) and add more content that remains interesting without being a duplicate of what's already available (like tons of guides -- go to gamefaqs if you want the usual stuff, stick around if you want something more inventive/indepth ).
vip
pixel
KINGOMD HEARTS IZ TEH GTREATST GAEM!!!!1111111
vip
pixel
OMFG WHEN DOZ FF7 2 CUM OUT?! CLOUD IS TEH SEX!!!1!!
pixel
Both of you soooo deserve to die right now...
vip
pixel
LOLLARZK8S!
vip
pixel
Quale said:
Both of you soooo deserve to die right now...

I deserve death on several occasions... this is not one of them...
pixel
Death God said:
I can honestly say this is one of the best sites I have ever viewed. I honestly couldn't believe the shock and aw when I came to the forums and saw the numbers considering how well the home page and everything about the main site is presented.

Lol, what utter bullshit.
pixel
Hmmmm improvements, pretty much Quale's post (post #7) sums up how I kind of feel in some ways.

Its been mention before but the design of SquareHaven's great layout is what got my attention to visit the site more often with the news updates, also I always look forward to the "Latest Updates" on SH front home page.

For example:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6087/s18min8mk.png

(if you notice "posted this 8 minutes ago" I actully had it where when I first visited the page it was "posted 1 minute ago" which was kind of weird. I wanted to do print screen but kind of forgot and reloaded the wed page before I could have done the print screen, oh well I still get a small chuckle about the "1 min thingy". Point being I kind found it funny when I came back from work to see the latest update posted a min. ago, thats all.)

Also what about info and reviews about old square games no one's heard of?

Taken from #squarehaven, basically Matt, Rahul, and Masamune (Ziyad) were just having a small chat about SH in what to do next, actually I don't remember to well but anyway:

what happened to you reviewing and setting up game pages for all the old square games no one's heard of?
Nothing, I'm progressing slowly.
That's more of a continuous project.

People probably would say, "ahh theirs already other sites doing that" so what I would still want squarehaven input and flavoring on it.

You guys should start with all the square games that came out for the disc system add-on for the Nintendo Famicom.

Still I pretty much enjoy the labor of love from the folks behind the site, giving us the latest info on square-enix news etc.
staff
pixel
I've already been scouring Square-Enix's Japanese website for older games, they usually have small bits of info for them.
pixel
Where the hell is Bust-a-Groove 1 and 2?

And I wouldn't mind submitting a review of Actraiser if the site actually had the game in the database.
pixel
Nephtis said:
I've already been scouring Square-Enix's Japanese website for older games, they usually have small bits of info for them.

i think i remeber SE usa made some games back in the day that never made it to japan.. correct me if im wrong.

also grandia xtreme..
staff
pixel
You mean Grandia XTREME. Apparently in capitals, haha. That said, was it actually released by Square-Enix?
pixel
Nephtis said:
You mean Grandia XTREME. Apparently in capitals, haha. That said, was it actually released by Square-Enix?

i guess so lol.... its on the square-enix website..

http://na.square-enix.com/games/grandia-xtreme/

i guess enix handled the publishing
vip
pixel
Methusalen said:
Search cyber-space and all your harddrives and find us the original "Is Square Dead" thread...

Nevermind, all is right with the world!!! :lol:
staff
pixel
I seriously hope you can't find it at archive.org
vip
pixel
Let's see.....

"Is Square Dead?" pulled up 0 hits...

Nope, I can't, but who cares? It's in the archives here... that's good enough for me...

Again, all is right with the world!
staff
pixel
How are you doing your search? I can see it.
staff
pixel
Quale said:
Where the hell is Bust-a-Groove 1 and 2?

And I wouldn't mind submitting a review of Actraiser if the site actually had the game in the database.

So, they exist now.

http://www.squarehaven.com/games/snes/act/

http://www.squarehaven.com/games/ps/bag/

http://www.squarehaven.com/games/ps/bag2/
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #105 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?