March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Drakengard 2 reportedly in the works

pixel
It could be a chance for them to atone for their mistakes and release a decent game this time around.

Then again, it probably won't happen. So let this wretched spawn of sadism remain only with its alleged upcoming Japanese release. No more crap, please.
staff
pixel
Well said. The last part I mean.
staff
pixel
I've been too scared to play the game after all the comments I've heard. Is it really that bad? I'll just take everyone's word for it, it doesn't look that appealing.
pixel
Oh, bad, bad indeed. It should be marketed with some warning alluding to the likelihood of irreversible brain damage caused by broken gameplay.

But you're safe as long as you keep a safe distance from it. I assure you'll be missing absolutely nothing.
staff
pixel
Wow. I saw it the other day for $49.95, (AUS). That's the price of a platinum game, and I noticed it wasn't branded as such. Sounds extremely crappy, and any game said to cause "irreversible brain damage" must be quite shit indeed.
staff
pixel
Out of Square's entire library, only two games have been graded lower by Square Haven users - Driving Emotion Type-S and FF Mystic Quest. Not surprisingly, Secret of Evermore isn't too far ahead.
staff
pixel
I can certainly testify to Driving Emotion Type-S being really quite crappy. Man, so shoddy in so many ways.
staff
pixel
Why don't you shut up and write a reader review???
staff
pixel
I don't own it anymore, so I wouldn't be able to write more than "it's one of the crappiest games ever."
Why would I keep such a game?
pixel
I'm rather looking forward to this game. I made a mistake, and never was able to see the other endings, I'd like to see another game. After all, it could be very well done. Why not be looking forward to it?
staff
pixel
Why not? Because from all the comments I've heard about the first game, yours is the first comment I've seen that has anything positive to say. And that's out of a lot of comments!
staff
pixel
You all have no taste. Drakengard was an awesome example of good artistic qualities and possibly slightly misguided game design. It just adds to the immense variety of Squenix's outsource portfolio. Drakengard 2 is OBVIOUSLY completely awesome for combining graffiti-style logos with medieval dragon fantasy.
staff
pixel
That makes 2 positive comments, I suppose I'll hear one more and play the game and judge for myself...

After all, I'm probably one of the only people who enjoyed Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Sure, the story wasn't the best, but it looked and sounded sensational.
pixel
Go ahead and play it, mate. You might like it, after all.

I guess it's that case of a poorly executed thing. The premise was promising, but the results.. anways, check it out for yourself. I've done the same some months ago, just to be sure it was as bad as word around made it look like. And for me, it was.

As for the sequel... I really can't be looking forward to the second installment of something I didn't like from the beginning. But it could be well done, and if it happens, I'll commend Square-Enix for the prowess.
staff
pixel
Well, it's only $50 AUS at a store I saw recently, so that's like half the usual $100 for new games. I might just check it out...
pixel
i'm actually looking forword to it because i always liked the art and designs it, they were fun to draw
pixel
i personally liked the story, the gameplay and the cutscenes on the fisrt game and can't wait untill the next one arrives.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1142 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?