March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Sakaguchi returns to executive producer's role on two upcoming Xbox 2 RPGs

staff
pixel
I'm going for Microsoft buying up Sakaguchi, but at the end of the day, I will be very interested to see how many of these titles actually go western, and whether they'll be good, or simply crap. (Mostly in the translation area)
staff
pixel
It's going to take me a very long time to chain enough expletives together to describe this.
staff
pixel
Can I help? I think you'd need quite a few people, the South Park Movie and a few other films to aid in this quest.
staff
pixel
Don't pout yet -- it's yet to even be known whether Mist Walker is even capable of quality titles.
staff
pixel
I'm not pouting! (Simpsons!)
Nah, I don't care whether it'll be 'quality' because I won't be buying an Xbox, aside from the principle, I won't have the money anymore thanks to lovely uni!
staff
pixel
I'm sure Mistwalker has design skill (Sakaguchi has 20+ years of experience designing games). My worry is whether MGS can implement the ideas to any relevant extent. If the quality of the RPGs doesn't at least somewhat match Square Enix, what's the point? I doubt they're waiting for the next Baten Kaitos (Masato Kato) or Xenosaga (Takahashi).
staff
pixel
Yeah that's true, if they can't match the rest, they'll just die. They are new, so I agree with implementing the ideas. I suppose time will tell.
pixel
I think Sakaguchi's leaving Square was inveitable, and going over to Microsoft was probably the best choice. The Mistwalker games will probably start out a little shaky, as Sakaguchi gets used to working with both new hardware and new developers, as well as they to him, but in the end, it might spur up competition between Square and Mistwalker, which is always a good thing.
pixel
Yes, so lets hold our breath til we know more.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1175 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?