March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. Don't despair, however; the work started here more than ten years ago continues at Videogam.in.

Forums / attention. whore.

vip
pixel
I noticed a lot of square haveners have livejournals, you all make up a good part of my friends list. I just thought I'd make a thread for people to put up their livejournal spaces, or myspace if your a complete attention whore as I am, or any other site like that. since we're all friends yah know.

well most of us.

http://yuna1881.livejournal.com/

http://www.myspace.com/yuna1881
pixel
you rang?
.. live journals... no thanks..
pixel
I have a livejournal under the name Gogar, though I rarely update it.
vip
pixel
www.livejournal.com/users/duped
www.myspace.com/Remy
vip
pixel
My livejournal is xavipants , Id give my myspace except for the part that I hate the site and I dont want to spread it
vip
pixel
I dont understand the myspace hatred, I tried making an account for Nico and when he found out he screamed and flipped out and I had to delete it!!
vip
pixel
-Horribly designed website, hard and ugly to navigate. I cant even reply on my own page to somebodys comment without adding myself as a friend! WTF
-people have the worst taste ever in designing their pages
-"myspace photos" you know, the ones where you take your own shot trying to hide how:
-fat you are
-how many zits you have
-put as much hair in front of your face in an attempt to look good/misterious/sexy/hot/provocative or simply pretend youre not a total cock starved whore
-for the most part its full of EXTR4EME PEOPLE, emos, goths, dumbasses who would rather have an internet life than a real one where they can pretend that theyre not actually fucking ass gaping retards
-shows the human nature of vanity by people posting meme's EVERYFUCKING DAY. Nevermind the fact that they answer the same questions about themselves 80 percent of the time anyways ... but they do so in hopes some dude/chick reads it and wants to fuck them because of it
-next time I visit somebodys page and a video or music start playing, Im going to murder a puppy
-Too focused on HORRIBLE BANDS or otherwise "hip" culture which I want nothing to do with

and the list goes on, but Im at work

Last edited by Xavi on May 30, 2006

pixel
oh god please continue!! i want to make a shirt out of this..
(im not even kidding!)
staff
pixel
You can hate Myspace as much as you want, but myself.. as a web developer and social software nut, I can only have the fullest respect for what they've accomplished. Many such sites start at the lowest level. Like ugliness. Livejournal used to be hella ugly until it got bought by Six Apart. So with Myspace, the priority has obviously been in building a huge, strong, loyal community of users that find value in the services provided and stick with them for that reason. Anything else is "version 2" material that you work on once you're sure your strategic priorities are in order. So looking great, catching the "intellectual" teenagers/tweens like us, etc just hasn't been part of that strategy yet.

Nevertheless, they have to be doing something right to have over 100million unique users.
pixel
Yuna1881 said:
I dont understand the myspace hatred, I tried making an account for Nico and when he found out he screamed and flipped out and I had to delete it!!

If only I were that strong when my friends made me one.

http://www.myspace.com/nonomnismoriar <--- I AM SO WEAK
http://blackuroborus.livejournal.com/

Last edited by Steve on June 13, 2006

pixel
lol at myspace (WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TROPICALSTORMLANCE)

*disappears
vip
pixel
Rahul said:
Nevertheless, they have to be doing something right to have over 100million unique users.

Well, take the only reason why I have an account: To hear from people I otherwise dont. I wonder how many people actually DO anything with their accounts though?

My most basic problem with it is the vibe and its people. They can be a bagillion thousand, but I dont like them, so I stay away from them and livejournal makes a much better job of keeping my friends informed of what Im currently up to
pixel
*reappears

if used solely for the most basic networking amongst friends, and acquaintances then it easily serves it's purpose.

it's when it gets escalated into a popularity contest and dating service that things get a little fuzzy.
vip
pixel
kain said:
*reappears

if used solely for the most basic networking amongst friends, and acquaintances then it easily serves it's purpose.

it's when it gets escalated into a popularity contest and dating service that things get a little fuzzy.

dude... you totally unfriended me on livejournal I was so hurt! so you better myspace friend me!
pixel
i started having weird random people reading my livejournal, and asdfo;inf things got crazy!!

i never even write anything in there anymore, though, so you're not missing out on much.

and you send me a friend request without a message?? for shame...
vip
pixel
you still better add me!
pixel
of course!
pixel
hobochan. My name is hobochan on livejournal, merely because I'd make a great hobo someday.
vip
pixel
Gogar said:
I have a livejournal under the name Gogar, though I rarely update it.

totally stalking[/s] adding you...



and Rahul... since you love myspace (hehe) what is your myspace?! I dont think you're even my lj friend... please re-ad me I'm not a bitch anymore (at least I try not to be.)
vip
pixel
Oh shit, YOU'RE HOBOCHAN!!!
Mypace.com was started so lil' old ladies could exchange recipes, xavi. If you get an account and add me, I will send you delcious recipes everyday!!! And on holidays, like Valentine's and Christmas, I will send you cute little e-cards with cute motifs and witty yet sly sexual innuendos!
C'mon, you know you want to! Baa baa baa baa BAaaaaa!
pixel
Rahul said:
So looking great, catching the "intellectual" teenagers/tweens like us, etc just hasn't been part of that strategy yet.

Yes yes intellectual.
vip
pixel
Bob said:
Oh shit, YOU'RE HOBOCHAN!!!
Mypace.com was started so lil' old ladies could exchange recipes, xavi. If you get an account and add me, I will send you delcious recipes everyday!!! And on holidays, like Valentine's and Christmas, I will send you cute little e-cards with cute motifs and witty yet sly sexual innuendos!
C'mon, you know you want to! Baa baa baa baa BAaaaaa!

you never send me myspace rescipies!!! how dare you!
vip
pixel
Im sorry people like me better :)

I already have a MySace, I just dont wanna spread it
staff
pixel
Yuna1881 said:
Gogar said:
I have a livejournal under the name Gogar, though I rarely update it.

totally stalking[/s] adding you...



and Rahul... since you love myspace (hehe) what is your myspace?! I dont think you're even my lj friend... please re-ad me I'm not a bitch anymore (at least I try not to be.)

You think I have a MySpace?

I removed you from my LJ not because I didn't like you, but because you didn't write anything interesting. If your LJ still just consists of random typographical explosions coupled to the odd survey that you fill out with random typographical explosions, I'll pass.

Besides, I don't really even read my friends list anymore. Just to check up on people I don't talk to much... whereas you're always around on here.
pixel
Bob said:
Oh shit, YOU'RE HOBOCHAN!

Whew, good. That means you didn't know it was ME stalking you all along.
Wait... shit. My disguise is discovered.
pixel
my band have a myspace ha..... *weeps*
vip
pixel
Rahul said:
Yuna1881 said:
Gogar said:
I have a livejournal under the name Gogar, though I rarely update it.

totally stalking[/s] adding you...



and Rahul... since you love myspace (hehe) what is your myspace?! I dont think you're even my lj friend... please re-ad me I'm not a bitch anymore (at least I try not to be.)

You think I have a MySpace?

I removed you from my LJ not because I didn't like you, but because you didn't write anything interesting. If your LJ still just consists of random typographical explosions coupled to the odd survey that you fill out with random typographical explosions, I'll pass.

Besides, I don't really even read my friends list anymore. Just to check up on people I don't talk to much... whereas you're always around on here.

not as much surveys, although my most recent post WAS one... uhh... not a normality. Its just a journal. I update with pictures of bellydance shows/my condo that is under construction, and random life shit, if thats what you concider 'typographical explosions' then ok. if you mean like exploding because people used to prounouce x-2 wrong, well, that point in my life is over.
vip
pixel
Stalking is what Myspace is for. LJ is for bitching. And I guess I hafta take away where I live, don't want you to know where I shower...
vip
pixel
yeah people don't seem to get that about LJ, it is a journal. not a weekly article on perfect literature. some every day idiot's rantings on life. thats why I dont understand people like him oh well. we are all here because we are assholes aren't we?


oh and Bob... I already know where you shower.
pixel
Hehehe. I had a crazy hairdresser for the past eight years that my mommy had chosen for me. She was a 300-some-odd pound woman who was absolutely NUTS. She sniffed glue while she was pregnant, left her husband for a thirty-year-old stripper lady (who didn't know her) and started in finding old high school class mates and harrassing them about how good she is now. She has a myspace account, where her name is "Mandy the Candy." Hehe. That's one hairy candy I would never want to lick.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #122 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?

0.952