March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Kitase: Final Fantasy VII remake will take 5 years

pixel
alot of speculation toward it not happening and alot of rumors about pure bullshit, fact is SE won't confirm, but won't deny it's being made.. necropost, if the discussion of a FFVII Remake would ever die down, it would then be necro.. but i think it's quite relivant.

staff
pixel
We have forums for discussion. It's a necropost because you posted almost 6 months after this article was finished with.
pixel
Dear god! Reading this thread has been like watching a burning monkey drink gasoline. Excrutiatingly painful to watch yet impossible to look away. Sooo...I felt compelled to submit my "opinion" and perhaps take a beating from all those who care to retort, ie, semantics police, who I know are out there. Oh well.
Most of you who have commented on either side of the all too well defined line of whether or not the game should be made, (before the thread spiralled into a sad and trifle tangeant on various mediums of art and their proper definitions....everything is relative guys, even truth), have made some really good points. Money is probably the biggest issue on whether or not the game is made. Maybe not.
We can fantasize all day that maybe Yoshinori Kitase is having or has had some Lucasian type desire to see his masterpiece reworked with the technology available now that wasnt available then. If you will allow that speculation as a valid point to be made in the motivation of the re-release of FFVII, then with the power and influence available to him, I'm sure a remake isn't completely unrealistic. Earnings? Come on. Even if the earnings are less than VII's original release, (which I doubt they would be) you have to consider the man power and technology used to create a new VII is going to cost a little more and the profit ratio is going to have to be calculated differently. Because our economy is a dynamic entity, you can't just reason that because game a earned x amount in one year verses games b earning of >a in another year makes the one more of a success than the other. Sigh enough of that. Economics expert I am not. I think it's safe to say they would make enough to make the project worth while. The biggest risk I think they have in tackling the chore is satisfying their fan base.
Half of the people can be part right all of the time, Some of the people can be all right part of the time. But all the people can't be all right all the time
I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours,"
I said that." -Bob Dylan
This thread is proof enough that even if they did re-make the game, there are those out there that would naysay it just for spite. I mean come on guys, whats with the ego's of wanting to prove this "I, ME, MINE" mentality. We're getting nowhere with it and in the mean time we're missing the point that Final Fantasy VII touched all of our lives at some time or another. If that wasn't true, this thread would have ended a long time ago. It is a big deal. Speculation that a FFVII could be made gets us all a little worked up. Some say don't touch it, it's a masterpiece. Others say bring it on, I cant get enough. Both of you have valid points. The fact of the matter is, if Squenix did release a remake, I dare any of you to say you wouldn't but it, play it, pirate it, or watch someone else play it because you know you can't. The curiosity would be too damn great. If they made it and it sucked balls, then they would never hear the end of it and it would take a long time to recover from mistake like that. Hence the long time "neither confirm nor deny" crap we've been hearing for years. It's a big deal and they don't want to screw it up. Of course they consider it. I'd go as far to say it's in the works but that's my opinion. Just look at all the buzz online. People never get tired of speculating.
Sorry this was a bit longer than I had intended. I just want to say, if it came out, I'd be the first person in my town to get it and I'd love it even if it was different or altered or a carbon copy with better graphics and sound. Why? Because I'm a gamer. It's what I do. The characters are fantastic (Cait Sith Sux balls but every good story needs a character we can hate) and the story line is flawless albeit a bit ambiguous at the end.
pixel
What the hell are you guys writing for? its not an essay compitition you know.
pixel
Yeah ok....I got carried away. I couldnt help it though. After reading that whole thing I guess I had a lot to say. I officially digress. Except I want to say, I wish the hell they would remake it. I need something to get me off World of Warcrack and if anything could do it a new VII could.
vip
pixel
How about going outside or visiting a bitchin' museum? Places like the MoMA and the Met are infinitely more interesting than BWL. gtherez mor 2 life thnaj ust vidoe gayemz lol. But that is just my opinion.
pixel
im old term. not with the short entials and you've screwed up some of the words.
vip
pixel
Do you come with a translator?
pixel
hopfully this is how you spell but: unfortunly no!
pixel
What about a mute button?
pixel
This is what it sounds like when a blog falls apart.
BTW I would have replied earlier but I've been at the met all weekend.
pixel
HEY! your the one with the baby pic, quale!
staff
pixel
You guys are aware of instant messaging programs aren't you?
pixel
your point is? Besides its quite funny this way, since you have to wait some time till you get a reply from someone.
staff
pixel
The perhaps you might like to try a forum board rather than news comments.
pixel
Nah its ok
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1248 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?