March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Square commits seppuku; re-delays Final Fantasy XII? UPDATE: apparently not

pixel
Kewl. I could have told you that with the demo I played at E3(May 2004).
pixel
This isn't news it's annoying, obvious, linear counter-progression. You're stupid if you didn't see this coming when they announced the March 2006 release a few months back... -_-
pixel
considering half of this news is opinion i have nothing to say..
pixel
Question i sent to Rahul:
I got confused with your headline...does that mean the official Japanese release of the game is yet delayed again!?! Was ment to be march 06..Was a little confusing?

ANSWER:

So far it seems to be delayed in Japan, and presumably elsewhere as
well. There are unconfirmed reports of FFXII being available in the US
in august 2006, however.

-Thank you for your help there!
Final Fantasy XII europe
http://www.ff12-europe.com
staff
pixel
People, people. Where is your faith?
vip
pixel
"I guess the shitty demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII is proof enough that this game doesn't really exist and they're just using it to sell the Enix side of the company."

You, sir, are a revelrous monkey man! BLASPHEMOUS!

EASILY PLEASED? YEAH, SURE.
staff
pixel
Heh, I didn't have the net for a bit there, seems I missed out on some 'whoa', 'no wait'. Not that it really means anything to me here in Australia, delays are well known.

This really is almost Duke Nukem Forever...
vip
pixel
The only difference is Duke Nukem Forever is never coming out. NEVER. I could wait until the end of time for this one, but, that's just me and my lame, nerd-ass talking.
staff
pixel
Hence almost...
vip
pixel
seems to me like ff VII took about just as long to make? Not sure. You guys are too used to Squenix crapping these things out year after year when the older games took fucking FOREVAHR.

Im glasd theyre taking their time
pixel
Mr. Raging Spaniard, you forget how immense the undertaking of creating a 3-D rpg was on Square's part, hence the three-year tantrum chasm between FF6 and FF7. The circumstances were rather different as the Square development teams were dealing with completely new technologies; however, the delay of FF12 for this extensive a period of time is simple laziness on SE's part. Sheer, belittling laziness.

Also, I heart boobs.
vip
pixel
really? and how about the gap between FF V and FF VI? care to explain that one to me? that game took FOREVER to make.

Theres a reason why Zelda games take so long to make, you know, it applies here as well
staff
pixel
You cannot argue that various things such as illness and company issues have not affected this game's release. I think people are also suffering after FFX-2, it's not a 'Final Fantasy' game so to speak. So people finished X and then haven't had a traditional game since.

Meh, I'm currently replaying Final Fantasy VIII. I'm in no rush at this point in time.
pixel
Tch, go drink some Final Fantasy XII limited edition Potion herbal drink... -_-
vip
pixel
"...the delay of FF12 for this extensive a period of time is simple laziness on SE's part. Sheer, belittling laziness."

Oh? Do you have any evidence what-so-ever backing up this rather unfounded claim, other than your relatively OBVIOUS lack of patience? IGNORANCE AND ASSUMPTIONS WILL GET YOU NO WHERE.
pixel
Drat, you've belittled and confused me beyond any means of retort. Well done. By now you people should know that I'm almost never serious about what I say in these little threads. But thank you for your excelled display of Caps Lock Key wizardry, Mr. Head of Redness, well done.
vip
pixel
Actually, by now, we've realized you're a complete fucking tool.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1268 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?