March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Advent Children actually being released in North America eventually

staff
pixel
Go the Australian May 3rd release date. At least EzyDVD always has the 'current' date. Although with Amazon's date I hate to imagine the date over here.
pixel
I've been waiting for this since it was announced. I was disappointed when it wasn't released in September '05 when it was in Japan. I think Sony pictures who has the rights to the release, is trying to put it in theaters for a limited release so they can make some more money off of it. They propably want to put it out the there is no real competition in the theaters. It's all about the money.
staff
pixel
You know, I doubt that. I really do.
staff
pixel
Holy shit. joat429 is one motherfucking old guard member. Look at that! May 29 2002! WTF! I thought everyone who visited this version of the site when it launched died and/or hated us now! :O
staff
pixel
Please, don't mind Rahul. He was viciously abused as a child and has severe self-esteem issues.
staff
pixel
i must also share rahul's surprise: holy shit!
pixel
poor rahul v.v
pixel
I recently check the sony pictures web site and guess what. There was no mention of Advent Children being released that day. Get ready for another delay.
staff
pixel
Sony Pictures has never even mentioned the film, or at least not that I've seen. I don't think they really care.
pixel
If you look at the ads in the game magazines you'll see a web site address www.sonypictures.com/finalfantasyvii. The link doesn't work, and Sony Pictures owns the right to The Spirits Within also.
staff
pixel
I know they own those rights, and I still don't think they care much. I mean it's not listed anywhere on any of their websites, or at least not that I've seen.
pixel
Yeah I know. The American Advent Children web site hasn't updated since May of last year. Are we getting a raw deal or what?
staff
pixel
Well given the niche audience of the film it's not all that suprising.
pixel
Just check one of the other gaming web sites, and a Sony exec said they would have it out by the end of the year.
pixel
i dont know what the fuck is going on..... oh well as long as i know advent's children kicks ass
pixel
Which it doesn't...
pixel
critical much?
its a nice movie.. but they could have worked on the story more.. the graphic are great and the battle scenes are sweet... cant wait to see it on my sexy big tv!
rateing B
staff
pixel
I've already seen it on my sexy big tv.
pixel
Fuck both of your sexy big TVs
pixel
yes I would have ended up killing some one if I didn't already see the pireated version of the movie. I also just read something recently saying that spirits within caussed square soft to lose millions and have to merge with enix to create the one we know now as square-enix
staff
pixel
Wow you just read that? That's amazing! I didn't know that.
pixel
well to tell you the truth I read it quite a while ago wile I was searching for the realse date for Advent Children and it showed up and it intersted me. I was quite sad that, that was the case though. I really loved square soft before they had to merge
staff
pixel
What and now you don't?
staff
pixel
That really sucks. I wish they hadn't merged. Squaresoft sure were the best.
pixel
I still like the square part its the enix that gets me. Back when square was its own company the games had depth and it was just all around good fun. but when they merged with enix and made FFX2 which was a grave disapointment I just kinda lost respect for them
staff
pixel
Dude, they made Final Fantasy X-2 BEFORE they merged with Enix. So by your own theory, FFX-2 was deep and all around good fun. Which I agree with!
pixel
they where in the process of making it. the game was released November 18, 03 and square and enix merged one year before that. So yeah I suppose it was pritty much completed before the merge. Your right. but there still was no excusse for final fantasy tactics advaced. That was all enixsess doing
staff
pixel
Yeah because Enix made that game.
staff
pixel
Haha I'm going to live in a dream world where every bad game made by Squaresoft is actually not Squaresoft's fault, it's Enix's, regardless of the production studio and team members involved. Good show, x1009!!
pixel
I happen to love this dream and I will never admit that squaresoft has ever had any bad games
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1276 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?