March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Fabula Nova Crystallis: FINAL FANTASY XIII unveiled at E3

pixel
Casshern is awful, but it's no Pluto Nash. That was a bad movie. As far as FF13 is concerned, it would appear that this project has been in production for quite some time already. I wouldn't be surprised if the first title of FNC arrives stateside as soon as around December 2007. Good to see Square-Enix using multiple departments simultaneously on their projects (I wonder what Taito is doing). And by the way, wassabiz you're still an idiot.
pixel
Casshern? ahah.. lame. bwyuko, go draw a penis on your head. Your such a loser.
pixel
Jesus Fucking Christ. Fuck you all
pixel
I'm with you on that one Quale. And, okay, maybe Casshern wasn't the best movie of all time but, i'm still and Eddie Murphy fan. Pluto Nash was a complete and utter disaster. Hell, I remember the night i rented that god forsaken movie. I wish that night, I would have died. Oh, and bwyuko, dude you still suck ass.
staff
pixel
I would affirm that a human ass is too large to anatomically engulf within a human mouth. Even taking those afflicted with Dwarfism into account, I believe that it remains a wistful exercise in the attempted realization of futile fantasy. I will acknowledge that a portion of the surface area of an ass may be sucked, via a straw, vacuum cleaner, or miscellaneous instrument of suction. However, the only instruments of suction large enough to suck the entire ass, the vacuum cleaner, et cetera, gain their power from electrical energy, rather than human machinations. It is therefore impossible for a human being to suck human ass.

Do you perhaps refer to the ass of a non-human organism? It is possible for a human to suck the ass of a kitten, for instance. I would affirm that such ambiguity should be bypassed in future considerations if this was, indeed, the intent behind your diction.
pixel
Her face kindof looks generic... and her costume is a bit as well (tear) soo sad. It'll probably grow on me though plus the trailer as a whole was fucking brilliant!! Is there gonna be any other characters?
pixel
haha. put it there puddin77. cheers.

lol, u rkn she looks generic? lol yea it'll grow on you Amadaes. FFXIII looks rocking.
staff
pixel
Demosthenes, your ass-sucking logic is irrefutable. I award you with a Haven VIP for your lavish contribution to this vapid community.
staff
pixel
MERRIMENT. Cry "Vapid," and let slip the dogs of war. But seriously, thank you very much!

In any case, I wouldn't think of Uematsu as over the hill. I view him as an equivalent to his industry as Ennio Morricone, though to a lesser extent. Morricone is 78, and still actively scores films. He has worked in film soundtracks since 1959, and he's still a reckoning force. Now, I'm not saying that Morricone's skill makes Uematsu good, because that logic is ludicrous. What I do mean to say, though, is that I believe composers have a very long life-span, and that a composer is only over the hill when he/she either becomes an artifact of archaic and outdated stylism, or is no longer physically capable of writing.

I would also like to say that, though I agree wholeheartedly with Rahul's assertion that synthesizing individuals and franchises is a mistake, I wonder if Square-Enix realized that before recent days. Uematsu, for instance, single-handedly composed every Final Fantasy from I-IX, and has contributed to every FF since. I think that, in the eyes of many, that might already constitute a synthesis. I hope not, as that would erect a static standard destined to disappoint.

But hey, as long as ice cream is tasty, things will be well in the world. Kind of like Kingdom Hearts stating that there's a light that never goes out. That light is ice cream, and it remains delicious to this day.
staff
pixel
Of course they didn't realize it yet. Square Enix only came into existence a few years ago, and Wada's polymorphism strategy wasn't introduced until 2003, much less executed until Compilation of FFVII.

This is the generation of company maturation in the games industry, where big fish enter the fray and the older kids on the playground have to learn the real rules of business. Polymorphism is just a buzzword akin to "paradigm shift" that Square Enix touched on, but it really just means designing franchises for cross platform exploitation from the ground up. Something which Nintendo has been doing for nearly a decade.
staff
pixel
It's probably an error on my part to think of Square-Enix as SQUARE-Enix, when the opposite is actually true. I forget that Enix is the driving force, so yes, you're right when you talk about how fresh they really are. The old rules don't really mean a damn thing anymore, and don't have a place in this discussion.
pixel
Demosthenes is right, but if i knew adding big words to my dialouge would make me a vip, hell i would have done that long ago.

no offense Demosthenes, but i bet you sit next to your pc with a dictionary on the side. don't you, admit it!!!
staff
pixel
Demosthenes was not VIP'd for his literacy, he was made such because he eloquently and irrefutably (a word Matt found highly usable in this context, so who am I to fuck with it) managed to write about 200 words about absolutely nothing. A skill, I would have to say, that only few of us have mastered. Especially us site admins.
staff
pixel
oh, and he sucked my cock.
staff
pixel
And what a gloriously marbled, steamingly succulent gob of man-chowder it was!
staff
pixel
I'm not sure whether to ban you or praise you for that.
staff
pixel
Didn't seem to be against the ToU; I think I just coasted by on that one.
pixel
my god. perhaps, i'm the only sane one of us all.
pixel
Good for you!
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1303 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?