March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Final Fantasy XII receives NA release date, special edition

pixel
An extra $10 for Developer Interviews, "History of FF" featurette, Japanese and American trailers, and a high definition Art Gallery? Yes, please.
staff
pixel
Good, that means the Australian (therefore European) date must be coming up within the year. Hopefully.
pixel
I wouldn't hold my breath. Normally Square likes to dangle it in our faces for half a year before finally giving it to us. Also I might get asphyxiation.
staff
pixel
Yeah, but within a year is nice and accomodating. At least I like to think so.
staff
pixel
Depends. I don't feel like it needs more than a month to be ready for Europe, so it could potentially make it in time for the holidays. But on the other hand, they could release it in March or something, since they pulled that shit with FFX too. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring KH2 to Europe for Christmas, considering all the kids' they'd miss out on otherwise.
pixel
Anyone know when this is gonna be out in Europe? I ordered it ages ago and it'd be good if I knew when it was gonna arrive!
staff
pixel
KHII is looking at a September release here in Australia, so I doubt Christmas will work. And I doubt it'll come out within a month to PAL. Europe always waits for it to be translated into various languages, or at least that's the norm. That's why Square Enix Nintendo titles come out in Australia before Europe, someone has the sense to realise we don't need the European languages to be finished first.
pixel
thats enough for me to waste an extra $10. but then again im gonna be a bit low cause i also want rocket slime.
staff
pixel
Kingdom Hearts was released in Europe within a month of its US date. It can be done and will be done, it just depends on the sales prognosis for specific retail times. In this case, KH2 presumably wasn't something Square wanted to put out in June in Europe, so they hold it back until September (or whenever). That leaves three months for KH2 to sell. They could push out FFXII for Christmas (which I doubt they'll do anyway), or wait for KH2 to reap most of the Xmas harvest and then take up the more hardcore/older crowd in the spring.
staff
pixel
That's the only major Square title I can think of that was released so quickly. FFX was about 5 months later, X-2 was 3 months, Unlimited SaGa was 3, FFIX 3 and now KHII about 6 months later.

Yes it can be done, but usually isn't.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1312 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?