March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Is Square Dead?

staff
pixel
Depends on what he tried to do. Can't say I've ever had to restore old topics.
staff
pixel
The problem was that IPB first locked me out of the forums ("Your IPB trial has expired") while I was adding the old "Is Square Dead?" posts and later locked me out of the admin panel (redirecting me to Invision's website). Apparently Invision does not offer a trial anymore and they accounted for trial expiration in the trial source code. What I don't understand is how I could get locked out by merely inserting rows into the "posts" table. Some hell of a coincidence if the trial was "supposed" to expire at the same moment I was making changes. My guess is that Invision locks trial users out when they access the Admin features.

If anyone knows of other trial IPB installations pulling this shit, please let me know.
staff
pixel
I've got an installation, and I've been fine. Then again I haven't tried inserting rows in SQL.
staff
pixel
Wanna try? Haha.
pixel
"I'll insert my rows into your SQL, baby."

Edit: Steve humbly requests a non-peonage status! Nothing about me is pee-on-able! (By anyone here at least)

Last edited by Steve on March 12, 2006

staff
pixel
Steve said:
Edit: Steve humbly requests a non-peonage status! Nothing about me is pee-on-able! (By anyone here at least)

Fixed.
pixel
You treat me dirty. DIRTY.
pixel
Best Poster Ever.

vip
pixel
Funny bunnys. Toitle?!
The turtle is staring right at me, man... I can feel him watching me, man...
pixel
The turtle is waiting for the rabbit, who always finishes last.
vip
pixel
Maybe the toitle should loosen up...?
vip
pixel
Topic: Is Square Dead? (Original Form), regarding Goombas w/ dandelions...

And where the hell did Shar head off to?

Discuss...

Last edited by Methusalen on October 08, 2006

vip
pixel
Huh? Shar? What? Who's Shar? Dandylions obviously. Was I high for that era in Square-haven history?
in retrospect, yes, yes I was.
vip
pixel
Shar vanished into that good night... to fight evil and idiocy.
vip
pixel
Then she has quite a job ahead of her then... May IDIOCY BE TRIUMPHED OVER SOME DAY!!! *And may I be alive when the carnage is over to see the spoils of war! (IE- I hope I'm not one of the idiots out there)*
pixel
Shar was just a figment of our imaginations. That or Matt's alter-ego.
vip
pixel
I DO believe in SHAR I do! I do!
vip
pixel
Ah yes, Shar. WAY back in the day... Sheesh I'm such a nitwit.
staff
pixel
I demand proof of Shar's existence. I am told it is some variety of sasquatch.
staff
pixel
Sharleen Hii was a real person at one point in time. But she is dead. Not dead in our mortal, earthly notion, but dead as in the ideals that Sharleen Hii represented: peace, love, harmony, a world without Final Fantasy X-2, etc. Long live Sharleen Hii!
vip
pixel
Hear, hear!
pixel
Matt said:
Sharleen Hii was a real person at one point in time. But she is dead. Not dead in our mortal, earthly notion, but dead as in the ideals that Sharleen Hii represented: peace, love, harmony, a world without Final Fantasy X-2, etc. Long live Sharleen Hii!

God damn World of Warcraft.
vip
pixel
did you see the south park??? nice...
pixel
Stan's dad: Shouldn't you go out and socialize with your friends?
Stan: I am socializing artard, I'm logged on to a MMORPG with people all over the world and getting XP with my party using teamspeak.

Not their best episode but it was alright.
vip
pixel
I just loved it because it is so damn true!
vip
pixel
I caught it on YouTube, it was a pretty decent episode, I laughed a bit, didn't get other bits *don't play WoW, but Guild Wars*, then ruined everything I'd THOUGHT was funny (and why) by reading a FAQ about it online...
vip
pixel
So, is Square dead?

I mean for reals, the whole company cant just rely on Nomura forever, new blood needs to start kicking ass, and if Toriyama (the XIII director) doesnt step it up, hard times are coming
vip
pixel
Nope, they're alive and well on the Handheld market...

http://na.square-enix.com/chocobotales/
vip
pixel
Thanks for proving my point

*pukes*
vip
pixel
the cuteness is overwhelming...
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #144 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?