March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children / Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

vip
pixel
Official FFVIIAC Website

The official site's up... Not much info yet, but there is an ENGLISH trailer on the site... A lot more is "Coming Soon"... B)
vip
pixel
ohhhh I gotta check that out when I get home, when I got my Xenosaga 2 I asked my old co workers if they had a release date yet on it, he said 'no' but maybe now they have one... is it still comming out on both DVD and PSP? or is it only PSP now??? *better not because I can't afford one*
vip
pixel
I don't know... as I said... It's pretty much a pretty flash animation background that only has the trailer on it so far....
vip
pixel
It's still coming to both DVD and UMD (PSP) as far as i know, but their will probably be differences between the two versions (Special features and packaging etc)
vip
pixel
LittleCactaur said:
It's still coming to both DVD and UMD (PSP) as far as i know, but their will probably be differences between the two versions (Special features and packaging etc)

plus, I'd rather watch it on DVD even if I DID have a PSP because I'd wanna see it on a big screen you know? probably PSP people will have playable features or something... or not...
vip
pixel
notice in the website address : (http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/)

Besides, I've heard that you can hook a PSP into your TV anyway...it's the battery life i'd be more concerned about if i was watching on a PSP....
vip
pixel
there are rumors that it might even make it to a theatrical release (specially given the fact that some of it has already been shown at film festivals)
vip
pixel
The movie probably has a decent chance of making it to theatres in Japan, but somehow i doubt it'd make it to theatres anywhere else. I think the fact that it's a sequel to a game most of the older population hasn't played, plus it's in Japanese, would turn American audiences off and it could do worse than FF:TSW (which is a mistake Square-Enix cannot afford to make again)
pixel
Teh Vinneh looks awesome, but i have a feeling the storyline is going to be uber cliched.'
staff
pixel
Anyone know what the running time is supposed to be?
staff
pixel
Last I read, they said "Feature-Length" So I'd assume about 90 minutes at least.
vip
pixel
Paul said:
Anyone know what the running time is supposed to be?

Shinji Hashimoto (Producer of Advent Children) : "...we set out to create a collection of clips more than a feature film. That started out at twenty or thirty minutes, and now, at the end, it's seventy minutes long.... Because we were not intending to make a film, that's just how it happened." That was on March 18th, 2005

The rest of the interview is here.
staff
pixel
It was always amusing to read those interviews, where the staff were overworked because they were only originally planning on making a short visual treat. Ah well, it will all be worth it, or else.
*shakes fist*
pixel
Actually, I read something on thefinalfantasy.com about that Advent's running time keeps expanding as they add new story elements and it's now up to about 90 minutes, as was earlier suggested.
vip
pixel
Mr. Domino said:
Actually, I read something on thefinalfantasy.com about that Advent's running time keeps expanding as they add new story elements and it's now up to about 90 minutes, as was earlier suggested.

isn't the release date too soon for them to be adding more? for some reason I thought it was being released really really soon I'm probably wrong though, I no longer have daily access to release dates on things and am too lazy to look them up...
vip
pixel
I believe what's going on is that they're shooting for an estimated running time of 90 mins, and they've got 70 mins completed so far. And no, it's nowhere near the release date, seeing as the release date is 'coming 2005' and is most likely going to be changed (again)
staff
pixel
Considering it was originally "Summer 2004".
staff
pixel
I think they should just go back to 'coming soon'. I often wonder which will come out first, FFXII or FFVII: AC. Who knows.
staff
pixel
FFVII:AC is due for release soon (summer) and I doubt they're still adding new parts to it on a regular basis. They did that last year.

What we're looking at at the moment is increased production capacity to the extent that one major release will be coming from Square Enix every month and somehow they have to do some internal politics and logistics craziness to get everything out of the door as efficiently as possible without cutting into each other. The "enix" side seems to be winning that power struggle at this point, so that's why we'll see things like Grandia and Dragon Quest before the new FF. Kawazu seems to have a lot of power too (considering he's been with the company for two decades), so Romancing Saga has been developed much more quickly than any of the Final Fantasies.
staff
pixel
Rahul said:
Kawazu seems to have a lot of power too (considering he's been with the company for two decades), so Romancing Saga has been developed much more quickly than any of the Final Fantasies.

Which is nice for me, since I'm one of the 4 people in the US who enjoys Kawazu's work.
staff
pixel
Can't say I've ever had the chance to try those games, but I would like to some day.
pixel
I don't know that they are actually adding stuff to it at this point, but they could still be making it lionger via post-production...maybe....or maybe it's just laziness on their part....who really knows anymore?
vip
pixel
I'm curious to know what the difference will be between the DVD and UMD releases, and what kind of shit will come with the 'special edition' DVD....
staff
pixel
Well if you did that survey they had, you have a good idea. They gave all sorts of options to pick out of what you'd want, anything from statues to posters and so on. I'd imagine the UMD version would be very similar, but obviously not sure. All I can say is although it looks great, I'll keep my excitment contained until I've seen it, just in case it's dissapointing.
pixel
I just can't get over when the first trailer came out, and I saw that first part with the kids voice, and then it breaks out into 'one-winged angel' with cloud fighting sephiroth--in real time.....it was cool (understatement of the year)
pixel
I dont think that Advent Children will make it to theaters after the last FF movie.
vip
pixel
Sephiroth9109 said:
I dont think that Advent Children will make it to theaters after the last FF movie.

i think thats something thats been known all along, what was it called at first, an 'interactive DVD?' but ever since oh how long ago was it? a year ago when there was first news of this, its been said that it is straight to DVD (and I guess to PSP as well)
pixel
Yes, but there was also a fairly recent interview with one of the higher-ups saying that they were considering putting it in select theaters, at least in Japan, and if they did so, probably in the U.S. also, as well as some other Euro countries...but its not looking likely at this point I dont think....
pixel
Hey,
Does anyone have the link to the site or W/E? Because apparently I'm so out of the loop that I don't even know what AC is. >.> Err... yeah. Info is a must.
:D
Goddess Bless,
~CG
vip
pixel
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #145 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?