March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Kingdom Hearts II / New Kingdom Hearts Ii Trailer!

staff
pixel
As Rahul pointed out in an update, Square-Enix Japan has released another fancy trailer. This one in my opinion is the best I've seen so far, although not as cool as the whole 'Deep Dive' action packed movie.

I was very interested to see more characters, and certainly more of the worlds we unfortunately already knew about. Two interesting things for me in particular was the inclusion of that 'Japanese school girl attire' and the LOTR type Frodo distraction scene. At least it reminded me of that scene from Return of the King anyway.

If you haven't seen the trailer already, Get off your arse and watch it right now!
vip
pixel
OK, I don't speak or read Japanese, so unless you can supply me with a direct link to the trailer... I will live without seeing a trailer until it gets leaked to another (ie, English speaking source)... where maybe they'll subtitle it for us like ...someone... did for the FFVII:AC trailers...
staff
pixel
That's a silly thing to say.

You're asking for a few words to cover what little Japanese there is.

We all know of course, that one picture is worth an incredible one thousand words!

So taking into the account the length of the trailer, which I will estimate at two minutes (for lack of effort), and the admitted sixty seconds per minute, at even a meager one frame per second, we're talking 120 seconds, and therefore, 120,000 words at a bare minimum.

Really, 120,000 is greater than 100, so your ratio of desirable to total verbage is an amazing 1200 to 1, or an estimated 99.92% efficiency of desirable stuffs.

The way you stack up the numbers, it seems to me that this trailer is an offer of such good economy, any refusal to watch it for gripes of subtitling are nothing short of unreasonable.
staff
pixel
Righto, given I didn't realise people needed to be able to read Japanese to get to it easily, here goes:

Click the red button that first comes up in a box.
This loads up a sexy flash page, ooo listen to that music.

Click the last navigation bar option, with two evil looking kanji symbols that I can't read.

Click one of the arrows so you see the movie logo, and click it.
Congradulations, you've just passed basic Japanese gaming website browsing 1A.

For the people that care, there's also other stuff on here. The navigation bar reads:

Story
Characters
World
???
Download
???
Stupid unknown kanji that reveals how lazy I am.

Basically this site is a bandwidth whore, and is a no-no for dial-up users, given that almost every section is a fair wait for my connection. (University broadband)

The download section contains a mildly cool wallpaper similar to the menu screen of the first title, yay.

The rest is fairly crap unless you can read Japanese, and apart from possibly the story nothing new is really given, unless you haven't seen Hercules or Mulan. Yay.
pixel
I might take a look at it when I arrive at university... here at work the internet speed isn't really that good. It's taken more than ten minutes just to load the main screen. :|

Anyways, it seems the trailer is really good, judging from what I'm reading and hearing from friends around... hopefully, the game will be just as good.
vip
pixel
Thank you, that's all I needed...

And my review... Damn, I need to pick up a new PS2...

vip
pixel
O', my regrets!
pixel
hmm, couldnt get anything to load, just had a black screen for bout 30 minutes
staff
pixel
Well it is a bandwidth sucking website, so it may not work well for everyone.
pixel
An easier way to get to the trailer is to go to Super Cheats and look for the trailer there.
pixel
Just FYI: I thoroughly peed my pants after watching the trailer.

Anyone have a similar experience? Ha ha.
staff
pixel
Yes, after holding it for 30 min trying to find a bathroom.
vip
pixel
oh my god!!! must....watch....cant...at work....fuck.....
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #149 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?