March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Oh fuck dammit

vip
pixel
Go ahead, beat Crisis Core for the second time, wait after the ending aaaand

Well, the Crisis Core team has to do [I]something [/I]now that the game is out, PSP remake maybe? Its fucking stupid to add this CG after beating the end a second time only for Squeenix to tell you to track down a PS1 game and play that. Mind you that this isn't the same footage from the PS3 tech demo, that was supposedly real time while this looks CG.

So yeah, I didn't think so for the longest time, but this has me convinced. Sucks though, id rather have people make NEW GAMES instead of rehashing old shit for nostalgia value, oh well.

Last edited by Xavi on September 12, 2007

staff
pixel
Not particularly interesting. Seeing this is no more confirmation of a sequel than the previous FFVII demo movie. What they could use this for is to find out whether players of Crisis Core would really want to play FFVII again, but other than that this is about as much confirmation of anything as the movies at the end of every KH game are of the sequels (which don't come until years after).
staff
pixel
Yeah, I agree that it doesn't confirm anything. However, the mere fact that we have debated FFVII remake more than any other topic ever I think warrants its existence.
pixel
Square loves teasing us. I'll bet anything that they won't really make a FFVII remake until the middle or near end of the PS3's lifespan...just to piss us off and we'll probably keep getting these prequels, inbetweenquels and sequels until they've had their fun making us writhe in agony.
staff
pixel
Well, they do still have about ten more years planned until they're done with FFVII. Apparently a quarter-century is a good time to stop messing with a game. Talk about taking a sequel cry to an extreme.
staff
pixel
Clearly, they're holding out to make it a launch title for the total immersion VR Sony PlayStation VII. Just think, every FFVII fanboy will finally get to live their dream of dressing up like a girl and almost getting boned by Don Corneo. However, they will be disappointed that there was no graphical update, just a port with a couple extra dungeons and a new summon Materia, Cactaur.
pixel
Is it true that Cloud is 14 in Crisis Core...that's kinda screwed up :-p
staff
pixel
Well, let's figure it out...

He was 21 in Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core takes place five years before FFVII, right? I suppose that would have to put him at 16, then. Which is still pretty damn young. It kind of explains his mental instability.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1515 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?