March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Final Fantasy X-2 / Good God Ffx-2 Sucks.

pixel
I couldn't stand the game, it was like Square Enix were making fun of me. My years of devotion, why punish me with this crap?

Tell me you agree with me?
staff
pixel
Recipe for agreement:

1. Start with a large helping of "No Shit".
2. Take it to the millionth power.
3. Break that damn DVD in half.
staff
pixel
Locked for vapidity (and yes, they were making fun of you -- that's the point).
staff
pixel
That's what you get for letting girls run an RPG.
vip
pixel
haha, I liked it (Jeriaska, bored much?)
vip
pixel
Oh dont get me wrong, I am glad most rpg's arent liked that. I just enjoyed something light hearted for once

and yeah, wtballs is up with that filter
staff
pixel
I'm sorry but if you describe FFX-2 as targeting children and being frivolous you obviously completely missed the point. And to think we made you an admin!
vip
pixel
Yeah, FFX-2 was more a exercise in busoms and g-strings.
I propose, instead of saying f u c k all the time, we just replace it with sex.
Like, what the sex? Why you gotta sexin' front all the time, you sexin' sex-ass.
staff
pixel
Rahul said:
I'm sorry but if you describe FFX-2 as targeting children and being frivolous you obviously completely missed the point. And to think we made you an admin!

I love you too, Rahul, but let's keep the pillow talk off the forums.

Last edited by jeriaska on September 27, 2006

vip
pixel
oh my goodness you are the first person to have ever made this topic! how incredibly thoughtful of you!
vip
pixel
Yuna1881 said:
oh my goodness you are the first person to have ever made this topic! how incredibly thoughtful of you!

LOL, so true...

But, from what I understood of FFX-2, it was MADE for the player to be lighthearted and fun... the whole point of "Dress me up Yuna" and the like... no?

I truly haven't played much of it, and since I've sold off my PS2, doubt I'll play more of it... But, from what I'd played OF it, I had no qualms with it... It was a pretty decent game IMHO...
vip
pixel
target audience: girls... and fanboys who secretly bought it to see the Yuna/LeBlanc backrub scene then claim the game sucks even though they have a Y.R.P. poster hanging in their closet.
vip
pixel
well you know, FF games are not allowed to be OK. It always fluctuates to OMGAWESOME to "piece of shit"
vip
pixel
of course depending on whether Sephiroth makes an appearance... because the same fanboys claim everything without SEPHY is a 'piece of shit'
pixel
ZOMG SEPHIROTH IS IN FFX-2? *REPLAYS FFX-2*

No seriously, this seems like a game created by Square just for the fan boys. They need a butch lesbian dress sphere for Paine.
pixel
hmmm just like Final fantasy every ff7 spinoff.

ffx2 > ff7

*runs before the fanboy mob arrives*
vip
pixel
actually I think this game was made for the fangirls rather than the fan boys. I worked at EB when the game was released all those years ago... and really the only people excited about buying it were us female gamers.
pixel
Orly? Thats interesting, I would expect the nerds would be rolling into Gamestop/EB with pocket rockets.
vip
pixel
thats what you would think. but I just remember very well around that whole time most guys had no interest or hated the idea, and most girls were so excited for the game. the whole cheesy girl-power-lets-dress-up thing is what did it I think. either way cosplaying as Yuna was AWESOME!
pixel
As long as you weren't pop star Yuna, thats okay with me.
vip
pixel
oh hell no. I was original Yuna. ok I lie, one year I was FFX Yuna, and another year I was gunner Yuna. BWAHAHAHAHA.
pixel
Gunner Yuna's isn't that bad.. but why the hell did Yuna have guns? She used a friggin' stick in FFX. Tell me how that gives you experience to duel wield two guns. :[
staff
pixel
In the most recent Retronauts podcast, Jeremy Parish (or one of the other HUGE nerds) argued that FFX-2 inherited the spirit of Chrono Trigger because of its whimsy and not-taking-itself-too-seriously disposition. Discuss.
pixel
Don't insult Chrono Trigger by putting FFX-2 anywhere near it.
vip
pixel
I kind of agree Matt, plus, X-2 has the best combat in a Squeenix RPG since Chrono Trigger. Just cause some people hate certain games for whatever reason (like insulting their masculinity I suppose) doesnt mean they should be blind to their merits (of course, regular folks take games for granted as it is, which sucks)

The reason why the story in CT is lighthearted though may lie because of the Enix involvement, the essence of the sotry reminded me more of Illusion of Gaia, for instance

Also, holy fuck at your post explosion
pixel
mmm illusion of gaia....i should play that again...maybe when it comes out on VC.
staff
pixel
Xavi said:
holy fuck at your post explosion

I know. I've been drunk on Lion War for the past few weeks and holy shit is the hangover killer! I'm still on the wagon, but I've sobered up enough to reenter society and have human conversations.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #159 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?