March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children / Advent Chilren's Man Behind The Scenes

pixel
I haven't really heard any speculation going around the forum about possible identities for this enigmatic cloaked man -who seems to me like the Post-Midgar Godfather- but my friend is insisting that it is Rufus. (A recap for those of you who are foggy about FF7, Rufus was the man who stepped in as the new SHINRA President after his father died and tried to rule the world with fear. And the last anyone ever saw or heard of him was the time he mad-dogged the blasts coming at Midgar from his cozy office at Shinra Tower...well that was before one of the blasts directly hit the Shinra tower... of cousre I GUESS that there is some possible way Rufus lived... but I mean, well WTF? Rufus and his frelance team of triplet looking hoodlums? Its very suspicious if you ask me. What do you guys think?
pixel
I remember Ziyad saying in chat that he wish it would be Hojo as a joke, ahhhh who knows. I'll make a wild guess that maybe it could be one of the test subject that Hojo was doing on Cloud and them.

Remember, you first met them when you revisit Nibelheim, the folks in there black hooded rodes, but like I said before I just making a wild guess.
vip
pixel
it's Dio!!!
staff
pixel
Oh come on, it's ever so clearly Don Corneo!
staff
pixel
I do wish it was Hojo. At the end he'd come put and start shooting syringes loaded with Jenova cells at people. Then his unexpected herum of beach women would come out of nowhere and bludgen Cloud.

*Possible Spoiler drawn from trailers*

Seriously, though, Rufus seems unlikely, having been blown to bits. The link here is what the Sephiroth clones have with the head of Jenova--which is apparently what they're after. That's what initially made me think of Hojo; his death was direct, but then again, so should have been Cloud's. This said, he would easily have the tenacity to enlist his former experiments and make good use of Jenova's head.

Rufus would also keep Turk allegience--and I might not be paying the best attention, but I don't recall them answering to the cloaked figure. If they did, though, he would have to be an employee of Shinra.
vip
pixel
If you'll look in the trailers, In the room where the cloaked man sits, a ShinRa logo hangs framed on the wall. The cloaked man is also sometimes guarded by turks. While that doesn't seem like much, I think it's safe to assume that whoever is under the white sheet has some sort of affiliation with the ShinRa, making Rufus and Hojo both valid guesses...
staff
pixel
Heidegger, no doubt.
staff
pixel
Nope, because Him and Scarlet went poofers with Proud Clod.

I don't find Rufus to be that unlikely really. We don't actually see anything happen to him, and while the tower was hit, we don't know if he was killed for sure, or if he was just badly injured or disfigured.

Plus, the white cloak would suit him, since he dressed in all white.
pixel
Actually, that's a really good point Rachel. I had completely overlooked that Rufus had an all white wardrobe in the game... thats definitely a comparison worth considering. And perhaps he is just disfigured. I guess it's all just another step in his plan to Rule with the "Iron Fist of Fear" uh... plan. Being ugly and/or malformed (although both usually go hand in hand) is, of course, a very effective tool when you wished to be feared.

And the reason I thought the triplets were his cronies is because I'm pretty sure I remembered them kneeling before, or at least answering to the hooded crippled. But maybe I'm just lost.
staff
pixel
You're all overlooking something.

Where's Elena?
staff
pixel
Probably out Turkin it up with Rude and Reno. She was incredibly loyal though, so there's really no telling what she'd be doing.
pixel
Yeah, my money is on Reeve. The dude obviously had antisocial problems to begin with, hiding your identity behind a stuffed animal is unhealthy. I guess with the destruction of Shinra, the dude was forced to a new low... hiding under a bed sheet. For shame Reeve, for shame!
staff
pixel
Actually, Cait Sith can be seen riding on Red XIII's back in Advent Children. So Reeve is still up to his old tricks!
staff
pixel
No, I don't see it being Reeve. Out of the Shinra, he was probably the closest to a decent human being. He actually did care about the people of Midgar.
staff
pixel
Rachel said:
Nope, because Him and Scarlet went poofers with Proud Clod.

I dream of the day you catch my sarcasm without a tag.

I bet it's just a new character, though. Just to throw us off. Square Enix pulls a Kojima.
vip
pixel
It's Solidus Snake!!!!

I have no idea... but, is it possible it couldn't just be Jenova or Sephiroth? I mean, if we're looking at it as a logical attempt at a "He's not really dead because we didn't see him actually DIE, but we saw him get PRETTY FUCKED UP"... but what if they're coming out of left field and said... "LOOK SEPHIROTH'S BACK!!!!, AND YOU THOUGHT HE WAS JUST IN THE MOVIE AS A FLASHBACK!!!!!" :lol:

Really, Square's BIGGEST bad guy is only going to be seen in a flashback? I have my money on Sephiroth, unless it's been quoted by someone w/in Squenix proving he's not...

(mind you, I haven't been keeping track on the news of the movie lately, so... I might be 100% wrong on this whole post... in that case, ignore me)
staff
pixel
I predict it's the real Sephiroth rather than the misguided clone FAKE who was manipulated by Jenova throughout FFVII!
staff
pixel
Who, Cloud?
staff
pixel
I'm almost sure I know who it is, only because I've matched the voice actor up with a guy from one of my most favourite anime serials. But I won't say because it'a probably a spoiler and also I can't be entirely certain. Feel free to cast whatever theories you want...
vip
pixel
The person under the shroud said something? Huh... I have to go back and rewatch the trailer...
And, I don't remember there being voices in FFVII, so why worry about revealing who a voice actor is? We're TRYING to figure out who the person under the shroud is, so if you want to post it, just post it as:

Spoiler Warning! Highlight to read: [Does Color=White even work here?]
staff
pixel
Simple, there were FFVII characters in Kingdom Hearts who had voice actors.
vip
pixel
Oh, now I feel dumb....

NEPHTIS, A QUESTION: Does the character you refer to have a voice over in Kingdom Hearts?
staff
pixel
The Japanese voice actors have already been announced:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385700/ said:
Toru Ôkawa  ....  Wheel Chair Person (voice)
staff
pixel
I don't want to post it, users that want to know can PM me or something. Why bother? If you have a list of who is playing which character then it's horribly easy to work it out. Understanding Japanese enough to recognise voices helps.
vip
pixel
Rahul might be right. Obviously it's Rufus. But shiiiiiiit... Speculation.
staff
pixel
Methusalen said:
Oh, now I feel dumb....

NEPHTIS, A QUESTION: Does the character you refer to have a voice over in Kingdom Hearts?

Quite possibly, I can't be bothered checking right now. The point was a certain website I read named a certain character, whose voice I know from one of my favourite anime serials. I connected the two, the cloaked man's voice sounds remarkably similar to said charcter.

Because this is me being 'pretty sure' and the website possibly listed the man's voice as a certain character mistakenly, it's not a 'known fact' as such, just a hunch. It also prooves how sad I am... (I only did it because I think the voice acting is quite superb)
pixel
I'm quite certain that it is Rufus.

Isn't he even addressed as "Mr. President" in one of the clips?
staff
pixel
Not to my knowledge, then again there's a good chance I haven't seen all of the clips.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #163 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?