March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Dragon Quest VIII / Time To Hype Dragon Quest Viii

pixel
For those of you who have imported DQVIII from the Land of the Rising Sun, be forewarned that there are numerous changes to the American version of the Squenix #1 RPG. These include the addition of voices, an updated graphical-user interface, and other significant US-friendly adjustments. So if you're still drooling over the Japanese screenshots, you've got another thing coming at you November 15th.

Here's a link to Square Haven's coverage.

There's also hot JP battle videos at: IGN. (I love the tension system.)

Interestingly, Squenix has decided to invest itself in a large-scale online marketing campaign through a fan community. Let me get this out in the open to at least allow you to get a sense of my position and bias ( <_<): I run the official Square-Enix community for the US Release of Dragon Quest VIII. So judge me as you wish. This is Squenix's first attempt at something this interactive online. The fate of future projects of a similar nature will most likely be dependent on the success of this community.

I, myself, have been visiting Square-Haven for some years now, and wanted to extend an invitation to the community to you all. (Yes, I do understand that the recent forum update has scared some S-H aficionados away.)

At Slime Knights, you will be challenged to both your wit's and body's end in completing quests that will not only skyrocket you towards prestige but will also garner you tremendous rewards. You will have access to new information directly from the folks at Square-Enix, the #1 RPG company in the world! As a member of the community, you will also earn Mini Medals while helping to promote Dragon Quest VIII and, based on your success rate, you'll have the chance to win some great Dragon Quest VIII prizes. (source: Slime Knights)

Is anyone else going crazy about this game? I'm trying to play my older Squenix RPGs to hold me over, but no luck. Maybe Radiata Stories will help me out in September...
staff
pixel
Is this an excuse-to-plug-my-website thread?
pixel
Rahul said:
Is this an excuse-to-plug-my-website thread?

Yes. I mean no. I mean: It's not my website. It's Squenix's. XD
pixel
So, do you work for S-E or something?
pixel
He's tying to seduce us with round, soft things. Dear god, my hands are all slimy now.

So how much do you get paid for each new member?
pixel
My my, aren't we a depressing bunch?

I get paid 43 bananas per new member; 44 if it's a girl.

No, I do not work for Squenix. I work for the marketing company that is doing the Squenix DQVIII campaign.

And Quale, I know you have a sensitive spot for round, soft things.
staff
pixel
You don't work for the marketing company ffs, you're just another clueless fan they're using as a free marketing TOOL (and I mean that in the most insulting way possible) to spread it around their geeky fanboy buddies.
vip
pixel
note that this was a squaresoft fansite before the merger, none of that enix crap before it was thrown at us ^_^
pixel
Well it is still predominantly a Squaresoft fansite, why? Because it is missing coverage on two of the best Enix games ever, Bust-a-groove 1 and 2!

I also only just noticed this but when did we have game guides?
staff
pixel
Forever.

Few days before that, too.
vip
pixel
Quale said:
Well it is still predominantly a Squaresoft fansite, why? Because it is missing coverage on two of the best Enix games ever, Bust-a-groove 1 and 2!

I also only just noticed this but when did we have game guides?

yeah, way before i started coming here... back, what was it... 4 years ago?
pixel
Rahul said:
You don't work for the marketing company ffs, you're just another clueless fan they're using as a free marketing TOOL (and I mean that in the most insulting way possible) to spread it around their geeky fanboy buddies.

Actually, no. But nice try. *pats head* :lol:
staff
pixel
If you do actually work for them then not only are you incredibly meek and pathetic (I could imagine no worse job than being the slave of a company whose sole purpose is to provide cheap online marketing tactics for another company), but you are in fact spamming for commercial purposes and I'm going to have to remove your signature. Is that what you're saying? :P
vip
pixel
i really love you guys
pixel
Rahul said:
If you do actually work for them then not only are you incredibly meek and pathetic (I could imagine no worse job than being the slave of a company whose sole purpose is to provide cheap online marketing tactics for another company), but you are in fact spamming for commercial purposes and I'm going to have to remove your signature. Is that what you're saying? :P

Do as you please. *sniffles* Can't we all just get along?

(Concedes.)
pixel
marcoxnoto said:
Can't we all just get along?

No, you die now :ph34r:
staff
pixel
Agreed.

*unleashes Quale*
pixel
SHIN-SHORYUKEN!!!

SUPER COMBO FINISH!!!
vip
pixel
marcoxnoto said:
Do as you please. *sniffles* Can't we all just get along?

(Concedes.)

haha! how many times that question has been asked, and laughed at here i will never know but it will always, amuse me... we all need to take our beatings... every last one of us.
staff
pixel
Wow, that's so lame! I can't believe there's a company like that. Oh, and why isn't Square-Enix listed on your client lists? That's a pretty big company, I would have thought it would be worthwhile pointing that out.
vip
pixel
So, what upset me the most about signing up for an account over there (sorry, probably won't buy the game, but i wanted to check it out)... is when I finished applying, it said that there would be an email sent to my account in SEVEN (or more) DAYS!!!!!!

Sorry, but in that time, I will be bored of waiting and will delete it out of spite...

So, if'n you DO run this site, can you bump this 7 day waiting list up to... today? Thanks...
staff
pixel
Sounds like a great way to advertise, make people waiting. INGENIUS!
vip
pixel
So I recieved this email from "King Slime" from the site...
Subject: Your application to join the Slime Knights

Hi jeremy,

Thanks for signing up to be a part of our Dragon
Quest VIII community; we are very excited to have
so many people interested in joining this
community!

Due to the huge popularity of this program we have
currently reached the maximum number of members at
this time.  But don't despair, we will be adding
more space soon so keep your eyes out for an email
from us in the near future.

Talk to you soon!

King Slime

pixel
Hahaha, I see this website must be hit, with all the waiting time and rejection. Good job Marcoxnoto :)
staff
pixel
Gotta love a champion PR company, fantastic work.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #171 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?