March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / I just got this thing

vip
pixel
Actually if I want to discuss games I go to Neo Gaf, I come here for the awesome that is Rahul, Matt and the occasional Paul, Brie, Rache, Steve, etc.
staff
pixel
If you log onto 4chan while grasping rosaries blessed by the Holy Father, then all images will appear as Jesus, waving his hands at the proverbial camera, with the caption "Nothing to see here."
vip
pixel
I don't believe my comments to be "underhanded", as the definition of underhanded is to be deceitful/dishonest. I'll say it straight up: I think you're being a massive tool, plain and simple. What the fuck is the point? Perhaps I'm tooling it up with you by making a public stink about it, but I sincerely think idiocy claims you, in this case. Just thought I'd let you know.

As for the art comment, maybe that was out of line. I'll PM you if I remember to give a shit (no offense), because I have to meet someone about...10 minutes ago.
vip
pixel
enuff talk or at least someone say something that hasn't been said a 1000 times before..
vip
pixel
"underhanded" was about you talking about my art, it was in the same sentence were I gave you crap for talking about my art... which as far as you've always told me, you liked. So yeah, proper use of the word, thanks.

And sure, I was being a dick, so you can stop acting like you're a goddamned voice of reason over what constitutes good behavior, because thats just funny. Or perhaps you like acting like a drama queen, whichever.

Point is that if youre fucking with me cause were friends and thats what we do, you do NOT bring personal life stuff into it, I sure as hell dont mention what I think about your art out of context or whatever else is going on with you just to raise a fit. The second you do, that just opens a can of worms, and worst of all to defend the type of poster that I've seen you give shit plenty of times in the past.
pixel
Ok..... 12-15 do not belong on this sight I apologize for my doings and my cousins doing Wolfy and yes he really is my cousin I will delete my profile I'm sorry everyone for cuasing such a problem
staff
pixel
You are always apologizing for stupid shit you've done. Why not just stop doing stupid shit and save yourself the apologies?
staff
pixel
Don't go Retard-dando!!!!!!!!!!
vip
pixel
"In the past" is the key phrase here... because, you know, I grew up a little. I don't find it underhanded, either, to have a change of heart over something I barely gave you feedback within the past 2 years anyway. As I said, maybe it was out of line to bring it up here. For that I apologize that you're such a girl, blah blah blah blah blah.

What a waste of time.
pixel
Don't know what all this is about...but you guys should stop the fighting. Is there a positive conclusion to it? Hmm....

As for Retard-dando....I don't wish you to leave either. I've never really had a decent conversation with you or anything, and I don't know you personally or anything like that, but you do bring up some interesting conversations. For example....the whole DBZ thing. As for this site being an ass to newbies...yeah it happens. Believe me, I was "jumped" by a few certain people ((I will not name any names)) but hey, I took about a year off and then came back out, simply out of interest.lol Personally, I'm glad I did. This site always gives me something to do, and it's an escape from the busy world in which I dwell in. So, I'm not going to stop if you want to leave, but it's really not worth it. I figure, you'll be back in no time. I mean, hell....I came back right? Now, if the other memebers actually enjoy my company or not, that's a completely different story. But you can't make friends with everyone, correct?
vip
pixel
If you call "growing up" flipping out everybody reprimands a teenager and insulting your friends over unimportant shit, then you were probably better off beforehand.
vip
pixel
Arg, this shit says I cant edit, instead of attempting to read "flipping out everybody reprimands", please read "flipping out every time somebody reprimands..."

Thanks

Also, this discussion is about Steve all of a sudden being a total dickwad for no good reason and acting like hes better than me over one act of me being a dick (this is the Shit Pit after all). Im guessing that hes into fine arts more now and my commercial stuff probably insults his sensibilities, which is unfortunate.
vip
pixel
Your assumptions are pure bullshit. Whether I'm into fine arts or not doesn't mean shit. If your work is good, then your work is good. If its not, then its not. All I think is that you need to fucking practice your concepts and ideas, because all of your convincing and passionate work seems to be with other people's ideas (Link, Beatrix Kiddo, Chrono Trigger). All of your personal work falls flat. Bad cropping, piss poor color and mundane concepts. For a person who can really do some passionate art, you really do some poor shit. Your Gamingredients covers, for example. Your Wind Waker art was fabulous. Your Final Fantasy X art was fabulous. Your Squall portrait? Fabulous. Everything else that is created by you falls flat. I think that instead of bitching out teenagers all of the time, maybe you should focus on adding more of an impact to your work. Why do all of their works look compelling and yours don't? You have a lot of fuel when it comes to drawing The Bride slicing heads, but when it comes to Meatloaf walking through a village, you use poor color choice, poor cropping ethic, and poor concept. So in short, you're just stagnant. I don't think I'm fucking better than you, I never said I was, but what I do think is that your potentiality is lost on half-assed ideas.
vip
pixel
You sometimes walk around like you're fucking God's gift to art. Like because you worked for EA, suddenly you're demi-god among people. I don't know if thats how you feel, but your ego definitely shines through all of your words. You're nothing special. You have the room for being something special, but you don't seem to push yourself anywhere. I could be wrong. I haven't seen enough new shit for me to be convinced otherwise, but what I can only say now is what I've said before. I'm done.

Fuck...
pixel
tl;dr.

by flip of the coin, xavi wins the argument because, as stated before, i didn't read crimson's.
vip
pixel
See? Thats all you had to say.

1) Assuming I don't work on my art because I spend 2 seconds bitching at kids is stupid, for real. Sure as hell you can say my art needs more work, but you don't know what I do with my everyday life. Saying I should draw instead of laying off some steam on the internet is not fair, because we all do it.

2) Please post whenever Ive said I'm a gift to anything art related, or said I was better than anyone. Please. I am PROUD of my work like any good artist should be, but I know all the areas where it can be improved. Theres a line between confidence and cockiness and I believe I don't cross it. I'm sick and tired of so called "humble" artists who think their work sucks when it doesnt and I'm not gonna follow that. I have skill just like you have skill and if anybody asks, thats my opinion. Doesnt stop the fact that theres millions of people who can kick my ass, but I'm not thinking about them, honestly.

3) The specific art you refer to: GI covers: theres a reason why they were black and white, my colors have always sucked and thats a known reason. After that I went to learn 3d in order to get a job, another reason you know of, which meant I had to lay off traditional and focus on something completely different. Once I actually GOT the studio job, which was hard enough mind you, I was like "fuck it" I'm gonna draw fanart for a while. You wanna judge me for that go ahead, but after doing art at work all day I feel like going home and draw what I feel like drawing for a bit and if youve payed attention, in the last two years my whole art focus has changed. While before it was all illustration now I'm doing a lot of concept stuff, I'm learning to draw structures better and color better. Does that mean that my layout and detail are less than before? Most probably, but I'm choosing to get better on colors and digital inking right now on my free time, those two skills take a long fucking time to get decent at (and if you cant tell my coloring has gotten LOADS better in the last year, I don't know what to tell you)

Matter of fact, except for the Chrono Trigger piece, which still has my best layout. I think all my current pieces are much, much better than the old, to the point to where my last serious illustration (the Zelda one)is the best one I've ever done

4) Then theres of course the reason I hate to bring forth, cause I have nothing to show for it, but all the shit I do 8 hours a day concept wise I cant show you, cause its all under NDA's. You're going to art school now and you're broadening your horizons, trying new stuff and challenging yourself and thats fantastic, but more importantly you have TIME. When you have a job and want to get better at it, you gotta specialize for a bit and do "the same shit" for a while. Its amazingly easy to talk shit about how pro's kinda stop growing, but thats because after college were on our own and without constant interaction with other artists, it gets hard. PLUS, once you finally nail the style that gives you some success, you want to perfect it and polish it; You work your ass off at work all day, giving them the best you got and when you get home, you're diluted, spent and I cannot give those pieces 16 to 20 hours anymore just DRAWING the linework. Now I try to draw it in 3 hours, ink it in 2 and then spend 10 hours coloring them. I spread myself thin and sometimes it doesn't work out for the best, but Im trying to get better at new stuff while keeping good quality with the stuff I was good at before.

5) But you know what, you're right. I you don't like my art then you HAVE to be right, no way about it. Youre the audience and I want to make as many people as possible happy. But its annoying to me that all the times I post art and ASK for opinions you don't say shit, you know for a fact I'm not bad at taking advice but instead you bottle all this shit up and then explode, make drama and now we have this, and it sucks.

So please, kill me for trying my best at my job, getting my wedding organized, buying a Condo and dealing all the paperwork, get my Green Car approved, keep my wife happy while teaching her 3d art, yell at some idiots on the internet on my free time and then try to draw some stuff that I think Im getting better at, and actually being proud of it.

Fuck ...
staff
pixel
Jesus Christ!
pixel
That's too much typing, even if it does appear well organized. Could you condense it into 4 maybe 5 words?
pixel
Assuming please art reason kill.
pixel
arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded

damn I wish I had that picture
staff
pixel

Do you know how the special olympics were invented? A bunch of guys were sitting around one day when one of them said, "Hey, you know what would be hilarious...?"
pixel
I bet if they just changed the name people wouldn't find it so hysterical. Something that doesn't include "special" or "Olympics" would be a good idea. But still something that doesn't make it obvious, like RSL, the Retarded Sports League.

edit: I believe I was unclear in my original post: the RSL, Retarded Sports League, is a bad name, because it is obvious.

Last edited by Nels on October 06, 2007

vip
pixel
DO I NEED TO COME OVER HERE AND PUT YOU KIDS IN TIME OUT?!?!
pixel
ROFL : Retard Oriented Football League
pixel
hahaha ahh man thats great
vip
pixel
it's not great because now I have to drag Xavi and Steve out back by the ears and slap them around a bit.
staff
pixel
Make sure you slap them with a trout. Nothing says "get along" like a slap in the face from a smelly trout.
vip
pixel
ah yes, I'll make sure to slice down the middle first, so that way trout guts get everywhere when the slapping commences.
vip
pixel
You people still talking about this? Dont make me remind you when you two were fighting for like, 2 goddamn weeks and then the aftermath of that (Kelly never even came back). Please.
pixel
I obviously missed quite a bit of drama in my absence.

At the risk of sounding like a tool: "Why can't we all just get along?"
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1711 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?