March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / I Saw, I Opened, I Cried...

vip
pixel
So, here I was, browsing the local Goodwill... When by the CD's (and games on various CD-formats) I stumbled upon Legend of Mana (for the PSX)... for $3.99...

I was elated... here was a game that I was holding in my hands that easily goes for TEN TIMES that amount at any USED GAME STORE... (the local game shop has it for sale for $44....)

Front cover, good cd case (like that couldn't be replaced anyways), back of the Cd jacket... opened it up... and my elation turned to dispair... Some asshole had swiped the CD... I held in my hands the useless case... unless someone has LoM and needs the instruction manual and wants to reimburse me for the purchase and shipping, I will let this fall into my indifference of Goodwill/Easterseals...

staff
pixel
I am sorry for your loss.

I had to resort to EBay for my copy and got if for some $25. Then the bastard had the nerve to leave on the pricetag for his purchase.

$6.99
vip
pixel
I did it again today though too... Went back there, thinking I might find something else entertaining... and I found FFVIII... (Terasa had been looking for it at Hi-Score, but they didn't have any copies of it left at the time).

Same shit, different day... Case, instructions, mini-walkthru, no discs...

Shit... :angry:
staff
pixel
Uh, did you consider the fact that maybe the shop or whatever it is removes the CDs and has them stored elsewhere to PREVENT people from swiping them?
staff
pixel
I don't know what this 'Goodwill' is, but I agree, you DID ask whoever mans some form of sales desk about it, didn't you.
vip
pixel
Goodwill is a store that sells items that are donated to it... Think "Salvation Army" or "Professional Garage Saler"...

It's proceeds go to charity, and they're not like retailers who are intelligent enough to remove the CD from the case before putting it out on the sales floor... In fact, the CD-based games are all lumped togeather with the regular music CD's... unless it's from a CURRENT gen system... then it's behind glass and you have to ask to purchase it...

So, sure as shit, someone stole them...
pixel
Who the hell steals a game that's being sold for $3.99?

That's practically giving it away as it is.
staff
pixel
And who steals it from a non-profit organisation? For that price it's a 'steal' anyway. (Yes, bad pun intended)
vip
pixel
bad pun indeed...puts a bad taste in your mouth and everything...
staff
pixel
It sure does, that's the idea of a bad pun. Don't tell me you haven't heard of them before.
pixel
OUCH!! Aw man.

Well.... the good news was that you didn't purchase it for beyond $20.

It gets me right in the gut though. Why wouldn't they keep the CD's behind the counter?

Isn't that the good willed thing to do?
pixel
No, evidently not. I've had the same problem with a lot of Half-Price Books bookstores. They lump cartridge games with cassette tapes and psx/saturn/dreamcast with the cd's and cd-roms, and of course Sega CD and early psx stuff goes with the VHS tapes.
pixel
that sucks ... well i better go back to EBgames tommarow and grab that starocean 2 i have been looking at for a couple of weeks
staff
pixel
Ziyad said:
I had to resort to EBay for my copy and got if for some $25. Then the bastard had the nerve to leave on the pricetag for his purchase.

I did that once. Even though I shipped it in time, securely, and conducted a completely smooth transaction, this cocklicker was so enraged with spite that he left negative feedback. It's not my fault I found Xenogears for $4.
vip
pixel
That definitely sucks, was your Ebay auction won by a BIN, or was it won by a bidding war? Did you leave pictures? Did the pictures show said pricetag?
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #175 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?