March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Dragon Quarter

pixel
I just got this game for cheap, and I am really impressed with the first few hours of the game. I love how hard it is (man is it hard!) and the story really grabbed me once characters start joining your party. As well as how all the characters play. Pertaining to the story, for those that have played it, do you think it is highly likely I continue enjoying it? Some games start off with a neat plot and get bogged down in unnecessary stuff (Xenogears, for example) and I am hoping this isn't one of them.
pixel
This game was utter fail compared to BoF II-IV.
pixel
Explain.
pixel
Explain? How about the art, the battle style and the plot? Each Breath of Fire followed a tradition of game play, main character, and style. Although it was on Ps2, it shouldn't of been so high techy. All of the characters from BoF V looked like emo's and Ryu didn't even look the same. Now this game wasn't terrible, but again like I said its nothing compared to the others. If you haven't played any BoF's before V, I suggest you do.
pixel
I have played all of them. And so far, I like this one the best. And if I understood you correctly, you didn't like it because it wasn't a traditional RPG (this is a legitimate reason)? Also, what does it mean to look "emo"? I would say the character design looked like your standard Japanese style to me.
pixel
traditional rpg is AD&D.

Baldur's Gate FTW
pixel
I didn't mean traditional in that way, I mean the series is traditional. They all continue the story of ryu and use the same battle system, like Suikoden.
pixel
Ah. Well I liked IV the second most, though I have played the first the most, just because I was a completionist gamer when I was in elementary school. I liked how disturbing IV's plot line was. I can barely remember it though. I regret never having bought it: it costs $100 now.
pixel
Yeah, like I said this game isn't terrible. It just seems to stray away from the BoF series. This game didn't make any sales when it came out. They say it was so bad that they might not make BoF VI. Which is sad, because it was a really good series, and Capcom's RPG.
And as for the emo thing.. I dunno the box art is really bad lol. But I was being a little rough, they are not that bad during gameplay.
staff
pixel
Nels said: I regret never having bought it: it costs $100 now.

I saw it at a Gamestop for $20...are you serious?
pixel
I just checked eBay. With bidding you can get it around 35-40.
pixel
Cool. I will keep looking then.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1769 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?