March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / So, I've Begun Re-buying The Ff Games...

vip
pixel
So, after weeding out my Final Fantasy games on Nov. 11th, Terasa and I have picked up VII and VIII... and Xenogears... (which I will point out, I never actually owned before anyways...)

Now, these are all Greatest Hits versions of said games, but I don't care... I wasn't a Johny-Come-Lately to FF, I was a "Johny's-Fucking-Broke-So-He's-Trading-Them-In"...
ie- an idiot...

VII came from a buddy owing me money (just $5, but an extra copy of a GH version of FFVII filled the bill nicely), Xenogears I paid $24 for, and Terasa was already tired of her "Harvest Moon: Another Friend of Mineral Town" on the GBA... so she traded that in (along w/ a spare PS2 controller, and the Megaman Collection (on Xbox)... cuz I suck at Megaman games...) in and she got FFVIII, Metal Gear Solid, and $6 cash...

Now all I need is FFIX (personal Fave-don't know why), Chronicles, Anthology and Tactics to round out my PSX FF collection... (and maybe even Chrono Cross, who knows... wasn't a big fan of that one for some reason...)

Where was I? Oh, yeah... so I'll pick up the occasional FF game, and rebuild the collection... and when I get a PS2 again, I'll get FFX, X-2, and possibly even the Star Ocean games... who knows? There are so many games to choose from out there... and I am soooooo broke..... and I'm happy with the games that I get... (Hell, still playing thru Xenogears... I've just gotten to Sevat (sp>) after getting through the Babel Tower)
vip
pixel
Best RPGs so far I've played. Cept for Tactics.
staff
pixel
*Shevat

And yea, good story. Folks know their symbolism.
pixel
Xenogears is too good for words. But here some anyways: BADASS AWESOME SHIT OF GREATNESS.
pixel
Meh, didn't really like xenogears. Anyway, nice to see you are back on track Meth, hopefully you can find some more money soon.
vip
pixel
Yeah, just picking up the occasional game, with the summer being on, and no work for school bus drivers... money's pretty tight...

Needless to say, I am looking for other employment- somewhere that will go year-round, have steady pay, and possibly in the realm of EBGames (yes, I have an application there, and they've told me that they're "looking into a change" at the location (ie-someone's getting fired!) in the next week or so... so wish me luck...).

Soon as I get my head above water again (not like we're in debt yet, but I'd like to be further ahead of the game then we are at the moment), I'm planning on getting a few of the others... (and maybe even a strategy guide for them?)

pixel
Soon as I get my head above water again (not like we're in debt yet, but I'd like to be further ahead of the game then we are at the moment), I'm planning on getting a few of the others... (and maybe even a strategy guide for them?)

If I were you, I would spend my money on the games, and reference this wonderful site: GameFAQs for all your strategy/walkthrough needs. Strategy guides are nice to have, but at thier price you could probably pick up an old game for roughly the same amount. Hope that helps.
vip
pixel
Oh, I do use the gamefaqs site, but it'd be kind of nice to have access to the paper-bound resource manuals...

Since I had them all at one point (sans the Tactics manual)...
pixel
The best way to find strat's is to check all your used book stores. I've been able to find 4 different FFVII guides and 5 (yes 5, and no, I didn't know there were that many either) different MGS guides.
vip
pixel
How I wish I had some money... I've seen Chrono Trigger (just the cart) and Secret of Mana (game, instructions, box, everything) sitting at the local game store...

not to mention FF2 (IV)...

Well... yeah...
pixel
Goddamn the fact that chrono trigger was never released in the small island colony of england!i've heard so much about it but have never been able to get it!half the things square do aren't released over here :(

AND SOME FUCKERS NICKED MY COPY OF FF VII!!!!!
vip
pixel
Ha ha!
You said "nicked".
pixel
Bob said:
Ha ha!
You said "nicked".

yes, im english

we do things differently here B)
vip
pixel
Ha ha! i wonder wot evah happened to Pheonix Down?
vip
pixel
Bob said:
Ha ha! i wonder wot evah happened to Pheonix Down?

you know he did come back for a time when the forums re-opened then about a few weeks ago i saw his name on the thing but he didn't post anything...
vip
pixel
... Fears the forums of death, I guess.
pixel
who doesn't?

The forums of death are a treacherous place
pixel
Recollecting classic games by trading in old games.

Sigh. Yep. I know how that feels, being that I work at Game Crazy-- and run into people like this all the time. Not to say that I'm not one of those kind of customers myself though.

For one thing... I really hate it when you have to go hunting for games like Vagrant Story or Legend of Mana at game shops... especially when they jack the prices up SO high that you have to trade in 15 games (at 2 dollars a pop) just so you have enough money for the subtotal.

Then the game disc doesn't read. You go back to the store to find that you can't get your money back-- only store credit for something else inside the store... which is overrun by games nowadays like...... well, I won't name them off.

We start sounding like old fogies when we name off all the games we USED to play, and now the crap that's on the shelf at our local Best Buy.

All in all... don't trade in games. Don't lend them out. Don't keep them on a shelf where your smelly ass cousin can get a hold of them and use them as frisbees.

The tragedy of it all. It really does stink.
pixel
there is only one thing that pisses me off about Xenogears: the fucking Tower of Babel. I miss the damn platform every fucking time! Other than that, the game is cool (and far superior to Xenosaga, might I add).
vip
pixel
Well, I've moved onto another game... FFI&II Dawn of Souls. I picked it up for the GBA since I have to sit and wait when Terasa goes into her physical therapy appointments, I figured I should have something to do... So, I traded in FFVII and FFVIII (I know I was just bitching about doing that, but I've realized that since playing them a few times each, I never touched them again, so I should learn to shut my trap about it!

But, at least I haven't abandonned Square completely! I am really enjoying the GBA game, although I have noticed that it's not as easy to play on the Gameboy Player (the Gamecube attatchment), as it gives me a headache! (but, if i really wanted to play it on the 'big screen', I should have repurchased FFOrigins! :D).

Looking forward to picking up the other games available on the GBA... (and the DS once they become available (and I get me one of them!)...
staff
pixel
Don't forget Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.
vip
pixel
Holy shit, I'd forgotten about this thread...

RECAP!!!

Whored out my FF games for the PS1 to purchase Halo 2... (Whoops, bad move, while the game was fun (for the better part of a year), it lost it's shine, and I never forgave myself for letting all my FF titles 'get away from me'...)

I have since sold off my PS1, retaining only two Playstation titles in my meager collection... "Chocobo Racing" and "Chocobo's Dungeon 2" (to which I still have the strategy guide as well!).

I still have FF:Dawn of Souls, which I pick up and play every-so-often, but it's a pain in the ass to pick up on the game when you don't know if you've already gone into the dungeon you're standing in front of on the world map or not after three months... (it's been in the GBA slot of my DS since I got it, but hasn't seen a WHOLE lot of gameplay).

Yes, I DO have Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Cart only), and have been most of the way through it for the better part of a year now... it's fallen into the RPG Curse... I'll get ALMOST all the way through it, and something shiny catches my attention and draws me away from it... (Like poor old Super Mario RPG, which has been sitting in my SNES for well OVER a year now... near the end of the game as well)...

And Lionheart's comment about Best Buy? Ironic, since I'm working as Loss Prevention at my local Best Buy... LOL...

*SIGH*

So, I've 'given up' on my FF collection, and aren't really going to 'miss it' much, but I'm sure, given the chance, I'll pick up the two other SNES titles- along with whatever shiny new game catches my fancy... (ESP. if it's on a Nintendo console/handheld, the only ones I have left anymore!). Oh, and if anyone finds a nice stuffed Chocobo they'd like to send me, PM me for my address... I love those things...

-The Resident Chocobo-
vip
pixel
Just wait till someday square re-releases them all on Blu-Ray
vip
pixel
Yes, but with any luck, it'll all be on a big old compillation disc... EVERY FF GAME ON ONE DISC!!! Yessssssssss......
vip
pixel
Blu Ray will never survive!
vip
pixel
Only cause YOU cant afford it
pixel
I for one agree with Yuna, all the Blu-ray stuff seems to be just Sony trying to force us all into accpeting a new format that, for gamers, is something that is not needed. Games today hardly take up a full, normal DVD and in terms of functionality, HD-DVDs are just much more useful. Plus with the advent of online distribution of games, which from the looks of it, will be the norm for developers, the blu-ray does not seem to have much of a life.

But that's just my opinion as I just dislike the PS3 and Sony atm.
pixel
that wasent random..
vip
pixel
if you look at sony's history you know it is inevitable that it will die.

and no I won't be able to afford it. stop making fun of me. I didn't have enough fucking insurance and I have no money now because of that.
vip
pixel
All im saying is that dislike of the PS3 is very proportional to wether or not youre able to buy one. Not making fun of anybody, just stating what I think its a fact
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #177 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?