March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker / Anyone Anticipating this game?

pixel
This is the fourth of the "Monsters" series in Dragon Quest. I am really looking forward to it, believe it or not the first three Monster games were released in America, under the title Dragon Warrior Monsters. I own them all and they are somewhat like Pokemon, except with more than RPG aspect. You can use multiple monsters in battle, and all of them have special skills/attacks. Almost every Dragon Quest game I've played I have been satisfied with, so lets hope the tradition continues.
pixel
I guess not :[
Since the release is soon, I'm guessing some of you have seen advertisements, they've also updated their site quite a bit.

Last edited by RicardHighwind on November 01, 2007

pixel
You can use multiple monsters in battle, and all of them have special skills/attacks.
you realize you just described pokemon?
pixel
RicardHighwind said:
I own them all and they are somewhat like Pokemon, except with more than RPG aspect.

Yeah I think I realized that because I said it was similar. Idiot. :[

This game isn't like exactly like Pokemon, the only similiarity is catching monsters to fight for you, there is actually a story and you don't use 1 monster at a time, you use 3. Which is actually more RPG style, as I stated.

Last edited by RicardHighwind on November 01, 2007

pixel
I'm looking forward to it. I bought Front Mission for the DS this past weekend. Plan on getting this one next and then Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings soon thereafter.
pixel
Yeah me too, Square-Enix DS games are almost always great. I'm looking forward to all DS games they have to release in the future.

Last edited by RicardHighwind on November 05, 2007

staff
pixel
It's available now and if youre looking to purchase it you can get it from Amazon.com and support Square Haven at the same time. Just follow the link.. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
pixel
I just received my copy yesterday :) So far it is a lot of fun...has great potential.
pixel
This game is awesome, everything you would expect from a Dragon Quest game.
pixel
I hope they eventually do a sequel...add some more story...more monsters :)
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1780 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?