March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Secret of Mana / Mana Series

staff
pixel
Nintendo's localisation crew so far have been excellent at translating Japanese culture into Western principles while retaining the humour in the originals. One only need look at the excellent Mario & Luigi RPG series to see proof.
pixel
I know a great many people that loved the localization for Mother 2 (aka earthbound), and I did not find a lot of it difficult to understand despite knowing little to nothing about Japanese culture the first time I played it. If the Mother series is too "Japanese" in its native form then it has already been demonstrated that it can still be localized in a way that is accessible to Americans.
pixel
Every single person I have met that likes Earthbound I met over the internet. The fact is Earthbound sold poorly. The cult following is there, but is it large enough to market another game over here? I am sure Smash Bros. has helped the cause, though. I would love to bring new Mother games to the states, but I don't think it will pay off for Nintendo.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #179 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?