March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Kingdom Hearts II / Kingdom Hearts 2 Opening?

pixel
I'm very curious but I would like to ask, Has anyone seen the Kingdom Hearts 2 Opening movie? If so I'd like to know what some people think about it. Even though the game isnt due for another 3 months. I'd still like to know more on what people think or something like that. Or their opinion of the BHK (Roxas) And if the game looks promising to you?
staff
pixel
Apparently KH2 raised Famitsu's bones, so I probably will look at the trailer/movie/whatnot after I dl it.
vip
pixel
is it downloadable? and where from?
staff
pixel
Can we get some clarification as to what this opening movie is? I'm getting the TGS trailer.
pixel
its the opening movie to kingdom hearts 2
i thought it was good..
heres a link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9509856/KH2_Opening_FMV.avi.html

EDIT:wow i guess they already got all 5 cut scenes and the ending up too...
http://www.khinsider.com/downloads/
pixel
Local rumors have Roxas as the dual-wielding keyblade master in deep dive. As to Roxas' involvement in KH2 I think the developers are veering away from Sora's story by introducing a new champion. Also from various FAQs I've read, Roxas shows up for an half-hour's worth of time.
pixel
It starts with Kairi being alone, clips with Sora fighting in KH1 and enemies in Chain of Memories, Kairi at age 15, waiting, another Chain of Memories clip, Sora and Riku climbing a crystal stairway, cut to Sora flying to Destiny Isle with Riku and Kairi, and finally Roxas undergoes that underwater tutorial seen at the beginning of KH I.
pixel
It starts with Kairi being alone, clips with Sora fighting in KH1 and enemies in Chain of Memories, Kairi at age 15, waiting, another Chain of Memories clip, Sora and Riku climbing a crystal stairway, cut to Sora flying to Destiny Isle with Riku and Kairi, and finally Roxas undergoes that underwater tutorial seen at the beginning of KH I.
pixel
FUCKING SPOILERS MAN!
staff
pixel
The soundtrack is very awesome indeed, and given the comments that are surfacing in light of the Japanese release I'm looking forward to this title a lot more. The opening must be lengthy since the OP track is over 4 minutes in length. If this title doesn't cause me to cream my pants I will be bitterly dissapointed.
vip
pixel
I haven't been researching ANYTHING video gamely lately! so when this finally comes out I'll have no spoilers ^_^ (unless, of course I read this thread, luckily I saw the post where someone said NO SPOILERS before any other)
staff
pixel
I haven't gone too far in, I know the worlds, but that's about it. Although I do know what all the music sounds like, but I couldn't pass that opportunity up.
vip
pixel
Yeah I think I am going to get the soundtrack too... I never can resist...
staff
pixel
Resistance is futile!
pixel
Arrrr.

And no, that's not me being a pirate. That's me being a little ticked.

Spoilers are not fun. They may be for some people, but I'm one of those people who like to anxiously wait two years past the due date of a game in huge anticipation of something like an Opening Movie.

When that time comes, you feel kinda proud that you've waited that long for something like KH 2 to release in America (or wherever) without being tempted to go to some website like YouTube. That's just me, though.

All of you spoiler fans can do whatever your heart desires. It's your prerogative.

As for me, and for probably most of us here (...I think), we'll wait patiently for that one special day when games like FF XII and KH 2 finally release-- without any knowledge of what the Opening or Closing Movie looks like.
pixel
Everybodys talking all this stuff about me.....
pixel
If there's something I learned in Keatian philosophy there are two modes of knowledge: textbook knowledge and experience knowledge. Knowing about something doesn't create the antithesis of the actual experience. We all knew Anakin Skywalker was going to be Darth Vader; we just didn't know how. Some argue that experience knowledge is a dead end (since we aren't chairs, we can't know about the chair).

In short. So you know something. Stop blubbering. The way things will turn about will be as enjoying as watching without spoilers.
pixel
Ouch. That cut deep Sefiros.

Okay, may I parry with something else?

I didn't think I was blubbering when it came to my "opinion" about spoilers-- I was stating a clear fact that it takes away from the gaming experience. Which it does.

When people look at Opening Movies online, they are robbing themselves of full enjoyment of a game when they play it the first time. They already know about some of the surprises and some of the storyline because of looking at spoilers, and because of that-- they don't get to partake in a game where you're NOT supposed to know everything before you play it. Remember, surprise plays a big factor into a game like Kingdom Hearts. Cliffhangers, Jawdroppers-- you name it... they are not meant to be seen until you begin playing the game for fun factor.

Oh... and for your little Anakin Skywalker thesis...

We all knew he was going to become Darth-- the first trilogy told us that clearly. You bring up a valid fact that we were all waiting for how he turned to the Dark Side... but picture this. If you watched a little clip of the most vital events that led him to become the Big Guy in the Black Suit before you watched it on the big screen... that would ruin the overall effect that George Lucas was trying to get from his audiences. Lucas wanted us to be SHOCKED-- not knowing what was going to happen before you went into the theaters. He wanted you to get the overall experience that comes from not knowing anything about what's going to happen.

That experience-- is the one thing that I was arguing for in my last post.

If you want my honest opinion... perhaps you're arguing just to have something to post.

But hey! That's just me. ;)
staff
pixel
Will I be just as deprived if I start KH2 but quit after seeing the opening movie?
pixel
lol.

You got me Paul. I couldn't tell you.

Look, I'm sorry for sounding like a hard ass. If that's what it's coming off as, it is not my intention. I'm just really opinionated when it comes to stuff like that.

Can't blame a guy for wanting to get the most out of gaming.
staff
pixel
Yes but just beacause you get the most out of it by waiting doesn't mean everyone does. I've listened to the soundtrack, but I won't watch videos. Does listening to the soundtrack before playing the game ruin things? No, I owned the FFX OST before the game came out here and was very familiar with the ending theme, which didn't 'ruin' things for me.

But this isn't something really worth arguing/discussing, since it's all based on opinion. And unlike 'Parasite Eve II was a crappy game' things that aren't hard facts usually don't change. Yay for it being 1:56AM here at the moment.
:P
staff
pixel
Hey, I was just trying to be a smartass. But as for soundtracks, the fact that the KH2 OST has gone through one ear and out the other doesn't augur well for my enjoyment of the game.
pixel
Lionheart is right. I didn't mean to blast everyone, nor to anatoginize anyone. It was a moment of passion, and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone. I still think I'm right, but I added some emotion that I should have kept reined. I'm sorry.
pixel
It's okay Sefiros. I think I was a little hard on you myself. I'm sorry.

Call it a moment of passion for me too. :)

As for the soundtrack.... the music (once again-- in my own opinion) can only go so far. Seeing something for the very first time with your own eyes tends to be a little different.

Hearing a game soundtrack before you play the game kinda adds a nostalgic feeling that "you've already heard that before" when you're playing. It also adds a feeling of wonder and realization during gameplay-- you understand how it adds to the game through the creator's mind. It's really inspiring, because you're finally seeing the actual story, and how it coincides with the music. Music adds the element of emotion-- which gives the listener the chance to make a story of their own through it.

With that said about the music...

Listening to the soundtrack first doesn't take away from the game as much as if you were to actually see an event that takes place in the middle of the game before playing it. You're going out of order.

Seeing an Opening or Closing Movie doesn't "ruin" it entirely for a player, of course not.

If I wasn't clear about that-- then I'm saying it now.

But-- it takes away from the overall experience of the game-- and the element of surprise and wonder.

Once again-- this is my opinion. You all have a right to your own thoughts. I'm not trying to bash anyone here... I'm merely stating how I feel about spoilers!

So if you get mad at what I'm saying-- I'm sorry. But... that doesn't change how I feel about the topic.
pixel
i guess....
pixel
How far have you gotten in Grandia III, naturu? I'm trying to like it but its boring me to sleep. No good multi-hit techniques for the hero.

And lionheart: any chance of Symphonia coming to the playstation any time soon?
pixel
well im on disk 2... i have the guide.. im in some jungle.
its starting to slow down in the fun factor..

i dont really track games other than SE.
but i dont think the tales series should go to multiple systems.
it seems most of the fans are gamecube owners.
pixel
Tales of Symphonia was-- from what I hear-- released exclusively for the Gamecube.

Unfortunately, for all those Tales fans who don't have a Cube-- they're going to have to wait and see if anything happens.

It's a shame that the Tales series picks one system for each game, and clamps on tight to it. Hopefully in the future, they'll be slightly considerate to a bigger player community by at least releasing their games on 2 systems at once!

Who knows.
vip
pixel
hellz yes

Last edited by Yuna1881 on March 18, 2006

pixel
So after SE turns Yuna and Rikku into geek sex symbols in FFX-2, they turn them into kids for KH2. Paedophile rating +1.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #184 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?