March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / The Last Remnant / What do you think?

pixel
woah first topic. Anyways what do you think of this game so far. It seems very interesting to me, the music is pretty nice and the story so far seems a little blah right now but maybe it will get a bit deeper later on as more information is revealed about the game. Also if you get it what system will you purchase it for (PS3 or 360). I am probably gonna go with the PS3.
vip
pixel
I get a real Drakengard feel from it for some reason, even though it's turn-based. I'm probably the only guy that bought Drakengard 1&2 so I wouldn't be surprised if no one else felt that way.

They been keeping a pretty tight lid on the game so far. I'll be interested to see what Square does with the Unreal engine.
pixel
They been keeping a pretty tight lid on the game so far. I'll be interested to see what Square does with the Unreal engine.

ya I am also wondering how Square will utilize the Unreal Engine and how much of the engines power will be used. When is the games release date? Most sites says TBA 2008 and 1up.com says May 2008. Somehow I feel May is too early but it would be awesome if it came that early!
staff
pixel
lol Drakengard lol
vip
pixel
That game was awesome. You collect a hundred swords (most of which you never use), fly missions that are only difficult because the controls are so terrible, and fight giant babies that fall from the sky and try to eat you.

I love it for the storyline, which is completely insane.
staff
pixel
That is probably the best case for Drakengard anyone has ever given.
vip
pixel
And yet I would gladly take it over any Saga game, hands down! Oh Saga Frontier, my hatred of you will never die. On my deathbed I will still curse your name.
pixel
So is Drakengard's story really good? I never played them before and if you say the story is good I might give it a shot.
vip
pixel
I didn't say good, it's weird. It's all about pacts with dragons and the apocalypse. By the end of the game you are in hell fighting off the undead and giant babies. The second one is a little more sensible and probably has the more entertaining fighting system since you're able to use multiple characters.

The thing I liked the most about the story is no white-washing takes place. Lots of characters die in bizarre and tragic ways and by the end you kinda feel like shit since all of your friends have either died in some gruesome way or sacrificed themselves. There are several endings but none of them are really "happy" endings.

If you love to grind, than it's the game for you (especially the second one). There are so many weapons to collect it's ridiculous. Once you get them, you have to level them up. When they level up they change into a different weapon and get new abilities. That was pretty much the hook for me.

Make sure you play them in order. I can't imagine what I would have thought about the story in the second one if I hadn't played the first one.
pixel
ahh I see.... I hate grinding especially offline games. I guess I will pass. Hopefully The Last Remnant wont rely on grinding that much.
pixel
Pshh, Saga Frontier owns. Especially the second one :P
vip
pixel
Take that back you bastard!
pixel
NEVAR!
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1890 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?