March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Quote from 1UP's Dragon Quest Swords preview

As for the story part of the localization, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors is full of the same type of European voices (and grammar) used in Dragon Quest VIII, ensuring that things feel as medieval as possible within the confines of a mostly-whimsical Japanese RPG. Without much new in regards to the game itself, our initial impressions remain the same: it's a decently fun, arcadey take on a classic RPG series.
staff
pixel
What the fuck does "arcadey" mean?
vip
pixel
It's basically going to be a "Time Crisis" version of DQ. Except you swing a sword and shield instead of shoot.

I wonder how long this game is? From the videos I've seen, it looks like you'd be completely exhausted after a half hour.
staff
pixel
Most excellent. I'll go on a strict frozen pizza and ice cream sandwich diet so I'll be ready to get a workout with DQ Swords.
vip
pixel
All I think about when we have these posts is how delicious some Dairy Queen would be right now.
staff
pixel
mmm... reeses pieces blizzard...
vip
pixel
...chili dog...
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1894 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?