March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / What DS games should I get?

pixel
Well I am getting a Nintendo DS in Early April after my University exams finish (cant wait for that). I am considering purchasing these games:

- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

These are the three I am gonna get with the system. I am also considering other games that I might get instead of the three above:

- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
- Etrian Odyssey
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
- *Any other "Atlus" produced game*

Can anyone recommend me 3 good DS titles preferably RPG's and made from Square-Enix if possible. Also I am probably gonna get a black Nintendo DS, and I was just wondering will they be releasing any special editions around that time(April), like they released the Final Fantasy III special edition before? Thanks!
staff
pixel
ADVANCE WARS and nothing else is recommended.
staff
pixel
ryuzaki said:
*Any other "Atlus" produced game*

You probably mean localized, but okay.
pixel
lol ya whtever

Last edited by ryuzaki on May 27, 2008

pixel
lol i mean the game developer Atlus

Hey Matt u gotta fix this editing posts issue!
vip
pixel
Well, my library of DS games isn't huge, they aren't RPG's, but I've definitely enjoyed:
-Mario Kart
-Animal Crossing
-Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Classic 2D Worms action on the DS!)
-New Super Mario Bros (a bit short though)

Other than that, I can't really vouch for anything else...
pixel
Gotta go with meth on this. I'm not a big Animal Crossing fan, but i play all three of those.

Also, I highly recommend brain age if you have time in your day where 15 minutes could be better spent tapping on your DS. I do it while waiting in between classes.
pixel
ADVANCE WARS and nothing else is recommended.

This man speaks the truth.
pixel
lol I am considering to purchase advance wars now, hows the single player? Story? Gameplay? Thanks
staff
pixel
It's a strategy game to the highest pedigree in the most simply conceivable form. That is not an oxymoron.
pixel
Ya I watched some gameplay videos and I will be purchasing advance wars!

Also can you guys give me your opinions on these games (I noe thats a long list but an opinion on even one of these games would be great!):

- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate (not released)
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Luminous Arc
- Bleach: The Blade of Fate
- Rondo of Swords (not released)

Thanks once again!
vip
pixel
Advance Wars is too damn hard, I think -_-

Try games like Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, Dastlevania, Elite Beat Agents, Planet Puzzle League, Kirbys Canvas and Hotel Dusk.

All of those = good times
staff
pixel
You fucking pussy. That is the weakest argument against a game ever. That's the reason that most grandmas don't play videogames.
pixel
lol all the above games you listed are pretty slow paced but I was looking into Phoenix Wright.
vip
pixel
Elite Beat Agents is slow paced? Get outta here. Neither is Castlevania or Puzzle League btw.

And Matt, that game IS hard, and it hates me, and kills me constantly, and the main guy wears headphones and thinks killing thousands of people is fun and shit, fuck him.
pixel
And Matt, that game IS hard, and it hates me, and kills me constantly, and the main guy wears headphones and thinks killing thousands of people is fun and shit, fuck him.

An image
staff
pixel
lol it looks just like him.

Yeah, I know the characters and dialog are so incredibly dumb. To a small degree, they depreciate every game in the series. However, the actual gameplay is so awesome and, dare I say, strategic, it makes up for it for most people.

As for the challenge factor, yeah, theses games can offer a challenge. This is a strange paradox, since the characters and dialog are clearly aimed at 8-year-olds.
vip
pixel
Photobucket

My baby self was prescious

Other than the usual arguing about taste on the Internet and bizarre generalizations I really do respect Advance Wars and Ill probably be getting the new one.

As far as skill I mean I can play Tactics and kick ass, same with Vagrant Story and Im well versed in SRPGS (Fire Emblem, Tatctics Ogre, etc, but theres a limit on how much shit a game throws at you at the same time while expecting you to cope with it, and Advance Wars has just kept building stuff on top of stuff, making the point of entry quite challenging for someone who is new to the series (I started with the DS game)
pixel
HAHAAA awsome counter pic, you win hands down.

Yeah, I know the characters and dialog are so incredibly dumb. To a small degree, they depreciate every game in the series. However, the actual gameplay is so awesome and, dare I say, strategic, it makes up for it for most people.

One of the many reasons I own a DS. Intelligent System's greatest franchise. I can't wait for this sequel once it arrives on my shoreline. Best stradegy game right next to the Front Mission series, period.
staff
pixel
Yeah, I agree with everything you said except "stradegy," of which I couldn't disagree with more.

What shore are you talking about? It would KILL me if I knew that other people were playing Advance Wars and I wasn't!
pixel
Ha, well typo disagrees with your disagreement ;P

I'm talking about the Australian shoreline :\ The nation of deprivation. Seriously this game is still slated "TBA 2008" for Aus, it sucks mega scrote; my death is imminent :|
vip
pixel
Does it matter? DS games are region free, so you could just import it.
pixel
Ugh. UR FACE IS REGION FREE. Point taken, how am I alive?
pixel
You probably mean localized, but okay.

ahh I see what you mean sorry about the confusion I was referring to Atlus Co. Ltd (in japan) which created Persona 3 so I was just generally saying Atlus, and I didn't say Atlus USA. Sorry about this post I just wanted to clear that confusion out, anyways no one prolly really cares about this post but whtever.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1897 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?