March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Final Fantasy XIII Information Blowout

Final Fantasy XIII Information Blowout
It's a Final Fantasy XIII preview of epic proportions, courtesy of Neo GAF.
vip
pixel
Is it just me or does this story sound kind of familiar?
pixel
It does sounds familiar. But this doesn't mean it will be the same. There are so few details now that we shouldn't try to pass judgment yet. It all depends on what direction Square takes with it. There are many stories that start the same, that end up being totally different.
pixel
Do you mean familiar like FFVII familiar? As in Lightning/Mr. 33cm are essentially AVALANCHE?
pixel
Nope, not at all.
staff
pixel
You're right. It's going to start like FFVII and end like FFVIII.

But time flows like a river, and history repeats. And then Wada will laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited by Ziyad on January 25, 2008

vip
pixel
Hero > Evil Force > Love Interest > Resistance Group > Clouded Past > Save World > Feel Good Ending

We're through the looking glass here people.
staff
pixel
OMG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!1

But Final Fantasy XII set a precedent in RPGs -- You can have a rehashed, regurgitated, mediocre storyline as long as the gameplay makes up for it.
vip
pixel
As long as no one turns out to be a ghost with a father complex, we cool. The whole Shiva tuning into a motorcycle does sound incredibly stupid and the characters that I've seen so far do look fairly uninspired, but maybe the fighting system will redeem it some how.

If it's got random encounters, then you lose FFXIII.
staff
pixel
At least Ifrit doesn't turn into a Kyocera© cell phone.
vip
pixel
You don't know that. And that clown faced dog summon made me want to vomit in anger. When did FF get so girly? "Finish this mission to get the 'Prada Purse of Destruction', so that you may carry your Carbuncle summon around with you!" -so says black mage Paris Hilton!
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1898 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?