March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Advent Children/game Remake For Ff7?

pixel
Hi im really new to posting my ideas but im a great final fantasy 7 fan, it being the best one they have ever made. i think that with the release of final fantasy 7 advent children it makes perfect sense for Square-enix to recreate the game for ps3 and the tech demo was totally a tease to see what kind of response people would give them, people who haven't played the game deserve to see it remade!! as well as the old fans of the original game. i personally would love to see it remade for the better, but initially still the same game.

Like to hear your thoughts

Elite_Cloud.
staff
pixel
I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it happen, and given Squenix's recent cumalloverthegeneralfanpopulace strategy, it's probably going to happen! However, it will also probably suck a dick. And therefore not be worth it after all. Squaresoft's former high standards when it comes to reincarnating withered franchises obviously didn't carry over to Enix management. It's too bad. But then, Square Enix isn't Squaresoft.
pixel
im not sure.. maybe they wont.. they said they wouldent...
well hmpf i guess after all of the other spinoffs fail and ruin VII
they might just get the picture .. eh?
pixel
Having played some of their recent remakes, I don't think that it would turn out too well. I'd rather they focus on coming out with new games that try to surpass the standard set by games like FFVII.
pixel
i know what you mean, i have been reading about the possiblity of a remake which would be great, and i agree that square-enix have created many crap games in recent times, and the idea of a remake of their best selling game maybe a effort to regain their top RPG creating status in the world, as i think dragon quest 5 is supposed to be really good, as well as that magna carta. which are rivaling the final fantasys.
I but dont get me wrong i still think that the company probably have heaps of money and resources to continue their productions of hundreds of games. though it makes sense that companies like square soft/enix seem to never tell the truth about any of the suspiscions of what the general public make.
because it seems they like to stir the public..
Though the game may need major improvements. materia is great, new weapons all over the place is great, but i got really annoyed with the large parties, that you could not play with at the same time, maybe an improvement in character usage like in ff10??

To answer gogar i would say that a recreation of a game does mean that there is a possiblity of immense failure but if it was improved it do better than any game that they come out with in future. they need something solid to work for them this could be it. i've seen videos of dirge of cerberus and it looks really good ignoring most previews saying that its only 'good but not great' personally i never really take reviews to heart and prefer to test it out for myself.

I just hope they do decide to recreate the game.
i still play the old ff7 its a classic, but it would be better to recreate it with todays
technology.

Cheers for answering back :)
Rahul and Naturu and Gogar

Elite Cloud
staff
pixel
That post made no sense, at all. Do you read your posts after hitting the add reply button?
pixel
Do you have to be such a grammar nazi?
pixel
Go easy on the lad.

Probably a young 'un just trying to put in his opinion too.

pixel
sorry guys didn't mean not to make much sense

Elite_Cloud
pixel
I'm sure they'll forgive you.

I'm new here too, but I've learned something in forums...

When it comes to posting something, be very careful when you post it. If it doesn't make sense... or if you talk all in caps, or something of that calibur-- it will be noted by other members.

But-- with time comes experience.

Sad, but true...

(... I sound like a fortune cookie. :blink: )
staff
pixel
Let's hope they get over FFVII and move on to the next FF game. FFVII was an awesome game in its day, and still is. But one story can only go so far, half the fun of an FF game is having a different story. Advent Children was a bad movie, but a very good piece of fanservice I enjoy regardless. I'm not so sure about Dirge of Cerberus and co, I guess I'll see when they come out over here.
pixel
Advent children was not a crap movie... many of my friends think it is awesome aswel as some people from my school who have seen it.
It maybe seen as a boring movie to somebody who does not understand the film.
Plus i read that in japan the sale of the dvd "advent children" set an all new record for fantasy movies over there.

But everyone has their own opinion.
Elite_Cloud

How ever get over the best game ever created..
Square; Could never create new characters as cool as Cloud and Sephiroth.
pixel
but what about Vaan?!

he's cool!
pixel
This is kind of an old topic, but whatever. First of all, Elite Cloud, you really have to let FFVII go. It's my favorite title too, but sometimes too much of a good thing turns into a bad thing. You know? Like cheesecake, I love it, but in small doses. Just like any Final Fantasies, you should take them in small doses, because soon they'll just be too much. Besides, you don't know the inner workings of Square-Enix, none of us do. We just wait and see what comes out. Not wait and talk about what may never be. lol :/

Last edited by BellaniƱa on April 19, 2006

vip
pixel
cheesecake should never be taken in small doses... *injects cheesecake IV*
pixel
Walmart Cheescake should be :o It nearly killed me! Wah! Stupid Cheesecake! *shakes fist*
staff
pixel
They're not listening. All they can decipher from you is the sound "cha-ching cha-ching"
vip
pixel
Meh, if you ask me Legend of Mana was better than Seiken 3, Advent Children kicked ass (cause I hated FF VII anyways) and X-2 was a nice way to try something different.

Shame about Chrono Cross being the worst game ever though

Plus, just cause the game was awesome doesnt mean they werent salivating about the money to begin with (Chrono Trigger or Kingdom Hearts being a clear example of that) Sometimes things work, sometimes they dont
pixel
how about you play a real RPG, like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

Final Fantasy 7 is NOT the best one they have ever made.

Final Fantasy 7 is not even the best one to be released in 1997.

I swear, I'm getting sick of reading something about FF7 being remade, the piece of overrated crap that it is.

My Message to Squaresoft: Remake Secret of Mana, the full version, before you took out half the game. And you will sell a crapload of copies.

Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are far better than this piece of trash FF7.
staff
pixel
Wow. Bitter much?
staff
pixel
I think the impetus to remake Final Fantasy VII is based more so on its status as one of the best selling games of all time (hence its popularity) than it is on its merit as a great game... Don't hate the playa, Veszerin, hate the millions and millions of people that bought the game, loved it, and are clamoring for a remake.
vip
pixel
Its only a matter of time until they make it. They first have to be done re-making IV, V and VI in 3D, then I could see them tackling VII, VIII and IX in some sort ... its about time really, even if they just re-realease all 3 games in one disc or something.
staff
pixel
VII on DS seems feasible. They wouldn't really need to do much of a graphic overhaul.
staff
pixel
I would get it. Probably.
pixel
Xavi said:
Its only a matter of time until they make it. They first have to be done re-making IV, V and VI in 3D, then I could see them tackling VII, VIII and IX in some sort ... its about time really, even if they just re-realease all 3 games in one disc or something.

why would they make it in 3d?

They're great the way they are. they make it 3d, it'll probably be a half-assed job, and the games would suck.

now, adding cinematics and stuff is different, but thats all that should be done to such great games.
vip
pixel
Cause they already ARE MAKING IV IN 3D.

Keep up with the news, man

Last edited by Xavi on August 06, 2007

staff
pixel
Fuck no, adding cinematics is the trashiest part of the remakes. Who gives a fuck about some cheap-ass CG bullshit that adds nothing and is just in there to appease 14 year old boys who like seeing big explosions? Go see Die Hard instead. Oh wait, they can't, they're only 14.

I'm looking forward to FFIV DS if only because it's finally an ACTUAL excuse to replay that game again. The "remakes" thusfar have just been ports with absolutely nothing new, other than abovementioned "cinematics and stuff".
pixel
I'd rather have "cinematics and stuff" than Square turning classics into shit just to appease people who CARE about GRAPHICS in a fucking RPG.
vip
pixel
and why would it be shit? Did you play the Final Fantasy 3 remake? Can you honestly say the original NES game was better?
staff
pixel
I don't think anyone can convincingly make that argument. However, there came a certain point where Square's games achieved a level of refinement and polish. I think this might have been achieved with Final Fantasy IV, certainly with Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. With these titles more so than their predecessors, it's much more reprehensible to redo them and thus admit they are deficient.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #194 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?