March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / New X-box

vip
pixel
Anyone else seen this yet??

http://videogame.channel.aol.com/

looks pretty cool... too bad when I bought my origional x box I only played one game on it... -_-
pixel
hrmm...thats the first time i have seen it

doesnt look bad, to bright tho, needs to look more evil-ish if you know what i mean
vip
pixel
The only time I'll buy an XBox or any other Next-Gen console is if they make another Jet Set Radio, or if Capcom decides to suck it up and make a fucking Street Fighter IV. Which they wont, because they're bastards... BASTARDS. Video Games. PSH.
pixel
lol the green and white color gave me a headache, I wonder if it would have the backward-compatibility feature.I already brought X-Box two times, but I had to sell them because I was low on cash.
vip
pixel
actually I think the new design looks very nice... B)
vip
pixel
yes the Xbox 360 will have backwards compatibility....actually, if i'm not mistaken, all the next generation consoles will have backwards compatibility.

some of the games are looking really good for the Xbox360, but unfortunately Microsoft can't reel me in without Square-Enix support....Mistwalker seems like it's making decent titles for it, but it's just not enough to convince my wallet to get one
pixel
I dont think that Square will make a game for the X-box 360, They're doing pretty well on the ps2.
pixel
they probably wont., due to the fact that xbox generally goes for the american games. Though i do wish that square-enix could convince bill gates to start using ff or more... :D
vip
pixel
You know, I don't think it has anything to do with Bill Gates not wanting to do Final Fantasy... I think it's probably some kind of loyalty with Square-Enix and the Playstation...

I remember that this topic's been brought up a while ago, but alas, it is gone with the flow of time...

Meh... anyways...
staff
pixel
And now with the whole news about FFXI going on the Microsoft bandwagon, who knows. I mean obviously FFXI isn't a major threat, but it does question the future that $M and S-E have...
pixel
here's what i heard on the whole 'OMFG X-BOXOR ROXORZ!!!one11fivethree!!' issue:

The new X-Box 360 will have interchangeable faceplates, so you don't have to deal with the white/green contrast thing. It was designed to look more feminine and sleek, so that the japanese market wouldn't freak at its size like it did with the original x-box. they haven't officially stated if it will be backwards compatible or not, but it is assumed that it will be. Graphic-wise, it's just the next logical step. Controller-wise, it looks a lot like the original x-box controller, but it's wireless out of the box. speaking of wireless, the feature that makes me want it more and more is that it will be able to communicate wirelessly with your XP system (if you have the capabilities) and you can play video, Mp3, DVD, all the fun stuff you used to be able to do with the original of course. the new X-Box Live will be more in depth with a real-time voice chat, filesharing, a little bit of this and that, and even, and i quote: 'a tear of X-Box live will be free to everyone' ahh... free is a word i like to hear. as much as i love S-E, this is gonna be an amazing system, and i don't feel like waiting around for PS3 to come out.

sorry for boring you with details and my splurging all over x-box. can you tell i've turned? i used to hate it. anyway, if i've got anything wrong, feel free to mail me a bomb or something.
staff
pixel
*Mail bombs Dortz*

I'll be interested when the games interest me. I don't give a shit how it looks or how fancy the hardware is; games are always the selling point for me since that's what we buy the system for.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #220 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?