March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Xbox 360 Or Ps3

staff
pixel
Holy WTF. There are as many holes to your argument as there are mistakes in your spelling. I'm not even going to try.
pixel
you hit me bad, man, real bad, i realize my comments may seem one-dimensional,but i just get damn tired of all the crap games XBOX is pumping out (i know all systems have shit games too,but XBOX is king of that domain).And if there a rediculous amount of holes in my lashing- out upon microsoft, i actually like to hear them.As for the sentence structure, thats just on account of typing too freaking fast to actually pay attention. ;)
pixel
I'd personally not mind it if Microsoft stays in the market. If they grow as a company in that area it will mean that more Americans will actually be able to get into the video game business.

Besides, FF creator Sakaguchi (sp?) is producing a game for the XBox through Mist Walker and it looks like it has a lot of potential.
pixel
I have a sneaking suspicion that Hironobu Sakaguchi is with XBOX because he doesnt want to compete with Squenix on the PS2 (just a thought).
staff
pixel
I have a sneaking suspicion you're full of shit (again).
pixel
Christ, i can get this kind of bullshit somewhere else, thanks. Its so easy to just make crappy insults instead of actually DISCUSSING IT, thats what this is, isnt it, a discussion forum? If not, i too can make not-so-quarky coments on what people say. Sheesh... <_
staff
pixel
I am merely meeting your poorly argued opinion of the Xbox with the same bias and vapidity. Present something worth responding to and I may actually spend some time on a response.
staff
pixel
Well he's right, to say that Sakaguichi doesn't want to contest S-E is quite odd. Given that if the game is relatively good and becomes popular, it could easily become the Xbox's alternative to FF. Oh, and when making SWEEPING generalisations of 'America ruining Japan' keep in mind that it's always a great idea to back that up with something.

If I say 'The U.S ruins anime when it dubs it in English' and then give my reasons, all good. But if I just mention that and say that they are ruining Japan I'd look like a tool. On that matter, at the end of the day, despite my contempt for the dubs, they serve to bring anime to a western audience.

I don't particularly like Microsoft's extended hand of dollars into the market either, but as previously mentioned it's healthy competition. Just because Microsoft suck in comparison (obviously my opinion) doesn't mean I utterly hate them.

Like Rahul said, try giving a more solid argument with more reasons and explanations rather than sweeping generalisations.
staff
pixel
Microsoft's money in the games industry is one of the best things happening to it in a while. It will help lift things out of "the getto", as Kutaragi so aptly phrased, and bring it to the mass consumer. I look forward to that development coming to fruition.

As for Sakaguchi becoming the "FF alternative"... should Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon prove that the market for JRPGs has a home on Xbox, no doubt we will see expansions from Square Enix franchises arriving to combat that popularity. And a Final Fantasy game will almost certainly outsell whatever Mistwalker and MGS put forth.
pixel
Albel said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Hironobu Sakaguchi is with XBOX because he doesnt want to compete with Squenix on the PS2 (just a thought).

Well, if you think about it, there is a lot of competition amongst rpg developers for the Playstation even beyond S-E. I mean, the market is pretty saturated, while the X-Box doesn't get too many RPG's, and the noteworthy ones aren't JRPG's either. If he can break into the Xbox market for RPG's it could really pay off, so one can certainly see the logic in choosing to make that move.

I don't know him personally, but I doubt that he would do it simply to avoid competition with his former company. As Rahul said, if it became clear that there was a place for JRPGs to make money on the X-Box, S-E would certainly want a piece for the action. More likely there is something about the X-Box or the gamers that play it that gives him a reason to produce games for the system, and I don't think he said that he absolutely wasn't going to make games for the PS3 anyway.
staff
pixel
We don't even know if MistWalker games are even gonna be any good. Keep in mind, Sakaguchi's involvment with recent FF was in name only. And he may possibly be one of those developers that couldn't make the transition form the SNES/Genesis era.
pixel
Yeah, that's why I'm curious about them, because we have no way of gauging how they're going to turn out. For all we know, he could have gone totally insane by now.
staff
pixel
Remember that Mistwalker isn't a game development studio, it's technically a design consultancy. Sakaguchi and friends will merely set up the scenario and possibly write the script, and lay out plans for a gameplay system, but development and art etc. is done by other outsourced companies. So the quality is dependent on the combination of studios chosen. In the case of Blue Dragon, you know Toriyama and Uematsu are involved, so if you like them (I don't, particularly), then you know the art, character design, and music are going to be alright. Sakaguchi has good ideas about game design as well, but whether they stood the test of time and will actually prove "innovative" rather than "retro" remains to be seen (as stated earlier in this thread). And as for story and scenario... well, FF:TSW can give you a bit of an idea of what he was thinking about 5 years ago. So where is he now, in the sense of wanting to bring "a new kind of emotional involvement" to the player? Meh.
staff
pixel
Ah Sakaguchi, will you ever win?
pixel
Well for me i would choose PS3. I saw the games on ps3 and they look awesome. Cant wait for the games that would be coming out. Like RE5 and MGS4.
vip
pixel
RE5 is supposed to be coming out for the x360 as well.
Me, I'll do what I always do. Wait till the NEXT generation of consoles is being released and then buy the previous system.
pixel
i choose ps3 because of, well ff basically.

and the xbox just annoys me for some reason

and playstation usually prettier.... :lol:
pixel
Well I'm waiting till they all come out this time (I got my ps2 the night it came out) and waiting till some games actually come out first before I make a decision. Who knows? Maybe the PS3 will blow up because of its crazy awesomeness core processor or the Revolution could suddenly own both other systems. There is just not enough information right now to make a decision. You have to remember all the bullshit that surrounded this generation's launch and especially with that video of Killzone 2 that showed at E3, it is really too hard to see what really is going to happen next generation.

Anyway for the record, I would say PS3, just only for MGS4.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #223 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?