March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Suikoden Strategy Rpg!

staff
pixel
Any of you hear about this yet?

Supposedly, this is a strategy RPG that takes place after the events of Suikoden IV and freatures many of its main characters. In addition to the main quest for a "Rune Cannon", the thing is called "Rhapsodia".

Oh, and there's this: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/rhapsodia/

There's something odd about direct, genre-changing sequels to well-established series.

On one hand, there's FF Tactics; this makes me excited.

On the other hand, its title shares an immense similarity with that of "Rhapsody".

This makes me worried.
staff
pixel
A 'simulation RPG' eh? What crazy genres do the Japanese plan to throw at me next? Although 'Gun Action' was quite amusing. All I can really make out is that this series is apparently popular, not that a clearer and larger scan would really help.
staff
pixel
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/081805b.html

That's an update for anyone who cares.

They're bringing it to the states as "Suikoden Tactics"
pixel
Yay!!! I care....I think.... :blink:
vip
pixel
funny. I'mma playing III right now!
pixel
Is Yuber in it Ziyad?
staff
pixel
He damn well better be.

Is he in Suikoden IV? I haven't yet brought myself around to touching that...thing, but Suiko Tactics takes place in its world. Even if he isn't, he might show. He has a habit of doing so whenever somebody anywhere, anytime bludgeons somebody else--in turn-based tactical format or otherwise.

And they ought to reinstate his death armor and fuse King Crimson back into one. The top hat was cute and the double-swords flashy but they all wore off quickly.
pixel
lol, is he in IV? Eh...as far as i can see, no.

I played it for a while (about 20+ hours), i think i was nearing the end, but hell if i know.

I dont think i saw him at all.

On a side note I want watari in another suikoden too.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #232 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?