March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Fried My Xbox...

vip
pixel
So, a storm rolled through a week and a half ago, maybe two weeks... meh...

Anyways, there was a flash of light outside, a crack of thunder, a flicker of lights, a buzz in my ears (I was playing a PC game wearing headphones) and what-not... and a few days later, I noticed that the surround-sound-system isn't working anymore... Well, too bad... life goes on, right?

Unfortunately, today I went to sit down and play with my Xbox... and nothing happened... Now, I don't mean it didn't load the disk, or nothing appeared on the screen... the system didn't even TURN ON, POWER UP, DO ANYTHING!!!! I brought it over to Hi-Score and they told me (w/o opening it, as that would void my warranty (which probably doesn't exist any longer)) that the power supply was probably fried... A $75 part and fix... But, I've talked to a friend who's got a dead spare (DVD-rom is dead) and plan on swapping out either the power supply (into mine) or the DVD-rom into HIS and give him back mine as parts...

But, in the meantime I am out one good Xbox... :(
No good for me... no fun...
Meh... Well, at least nothing else got zapped... :lol:
pixel
my ps2 has broken, for no apparent reason, three or four times(i cant remember exactly). After i'd had it for about a year, it just stopped loading my discs. So id take it to a repair place and they said i could either pay £60 and wait a week to get it repaired or pay £60 and immediately get a replacement (a broken ps2 which they had already repaired), i took the replacement, cause im an impatient bugger.

this continued to happen again and again and again, each time with exactly the same fault occurring. I still dont know what the hell was wrong with it or why it kept on happening, but its not happened with my current one so far so im happy. well, a bit.

i think it could have been something to do with me turning it off incorrectly, i looked up the correct way and i wasnt holding down reset or something, but its not happened to anyone else i know, and most of them just turn it off at the back in the middle of a game, the bastads
whoops, went off on a bit of a ran there
pixel
Do you mean DREs? Those are a common problem with ps2s and are easy to fix. If it is, next time just open up your ps2 and give the laser a good clean and realignment.
vip
pixel
OK, buddy of mine came by today, and we spent an hour or so tearing apart two systems and picking pieces from both systems to get one working system up and running... Took a few tries to get the right parts togeather (last problem was we mixed up the DVD-roms, so I just swapped them back out AGAIN... But, good news is, it's up and running again...

Yeah for online repair guides!
pixel
Quale said:
Do you mean DREs? Those are a common problem with ps2s and are easy to fix. If it is, next time just open up your ps2 and give the laser a good clean and realignment.

........ I HAVE SPENT ABOUT £180 GETTING THEM FIXED!!! THE COMPLETE BASTADS!!!

i knew i shoulda just opened it up...

Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #250 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?