March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / BioWare to develop Sonic RPG

staff
pixel
You read correctly. According to Kotaku, a recent press release has stated that BioWare is developing a handheld RPG for the....

...Nintendo DS.

You didn't actually think it would be for the PSP, did you? Har, har!

"BioWare is one of the hottest names in RPG development in the world," said Simon Jeffery, President and COO, SEGA of America, Inc. "Everyone at SEGA has huge confidence that Sonic is in the safest of hands, and that BioWare can create the ultimate handheld RPG experience for gamers of all ages."

Thoughts, comments, concerns? Exploding brains?
staff
pixel
Man, I don't know about "ultimate handheld RPG experience" (can it really overthrow Pokemon Red/Blue?!), but I'm looking forward to it anyway. It seems there's no telling what was done on Sega's part to get Bioware to agree to this, but ultimately I can't complain.

For some reason I'm overwhelmed with Super Mario RPG vibes, which isn't a bad thing unless the game fails to deliver excitement and appeal. Hopefully Bioware can do for Sega what Squaresoft did for Nintendo back in the SNES era (although Nintendo was not reduced to "a giant farm where they only grow crap", to quote the Kotaku article). Probably better to keep my hopes down in attempt to circumvent brain explosions/implosions.

Last edited by Kanji on June 24, 2007

Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #285 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?