March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Final Fantasy XII / Ff12

vip
pixel
Yeah Steve is too busy satisfying his curiosity ;)

te hee (good for you!)
vip
pixel
I love Fran's accent... not to mention the accents of all the Viera's... if you've gotten that far.

Steve... how dare you have a life over final fantasy xii!! how dare you!
vip
pixel
OH, he DARES. Dares to do things percieved as IMPOSSIBLE. Dares to BE REAL. Dares to SNUB the social-norm. DARES TO BE FREE whilst us mindless mass of massive mass don't dare. OH DOES HE DARE.
Also; the whole Mjern thing was creepycreepycreepy.
I'm only on the freaking Elder Wyrm, who I hatehatehate. But I'm leveled up to 25, and have shielded armor for all but Penelo(who hits harder than any but Basch!)so yeah. STATUS EFFECTS FUCKING SUCK HICKORY SMOKED HORSE BUTTHOLES. GODDAMNIT!

Last edited by Bob on November 12, 2006

vip
pixel
I was having major issues with the shrine of miriam... Xavi helped me out though, I wrote about it in my livejournal. I still haven't beaten the last boss but I beat the easier boss before her... damn this game is hard.
vip
pixel
DAMNIT WAIT WHAT? You're already on the last boss? Or just in the cave of Miriam? Damnit! This one time, I bought a buncha gear before saving. Yeah. Stoopid me.
vip
pixel
shes taking about a second boss within a dungeon

This game is fucking long
vip
pixel
no way not the last boss, the second boss in that area, I tried her once and died horribly but its because I still need to bring my guys up a few levels. in the beginning Iwas so excited to keep seeing what happened next I didn't take enough time to level up properly and its now catching up with me. I probably won't have a chance to play until after thanksgiving now, I'm leaving in a few days to go to guatemala.
vip
pixel
OH shit, you're gonna be as tan as the characters in FFXII!!! Yeah, I'm leveling up to 30 before that boss'(mostly as to save up money for MYSTIC and Light Armor yah!) pre-boss. And the hunts. And the Patient in the Desert/Cactuar Family/Hidden Ferryman. Now I'm doing the Earth Tyrant then once I finish all the uh, six hunts, I'm going to try for that Death summon, Zalera.
Also have SO much fun in Guatamala! You deserve fun in the sun(without fear of death-bring hurricanes there to destroy all that is good)
P.s. Nice review Jeriaska! **** outta five asterixes, because of lack of screen-shots detailing Asche's miniskirt and fran's rippling buttocks.
staff
pixel
I'll take it!
pixel
teehee im lvl 45 and barely making it through Giruvegan...*sobs* DAMN ENTITES!
vip
pixel
I've had no problem with the entites... They're ridiculously hard, but with the right equipment, acc. and strategy I can take 'em out fairly well. Only one I've had real trouble with is the Storm Entite; what with thunderga and DAMN that's some annoying shit.
vip
pixel
btw bob, the trickster at lv. 45 = dead
vip
pixel
Fuck, I aint' waiting 15 levels! grumble... I'll try hard, and put Memory-button config and Turbo on. Mebbe be able to pull it off at 30...anyway, thanks.
vip
pixel
!
87 hours in. Zodiac Spear, Defender, Masamune, Morning Star, Rune Blade, Zephyr Pole, All Genji stuff, Kaiser shields Renewing Mail and Golden Hairpins on everyone. All magic except for the Far left Corner, with stuff not needing or able to get at this point: about to head to the Lighthouse to search for the Sun-Cryst. All Techniks(I love Expose!)! Belias, Mateus, Shemhazai, Adrammelech, Cuchulainn, Zalera(love!), Zeromus and Exodus. All Quickenings, generally able to keep it at 10-13. Discovered a little trick with Quickenings.

Last edited by Bob on March 10, 2007

staff
pixel
That dungeon is rather long and you're grossly overleveled.

Oh, and watch the spoilers.
vip
pixel
... my party could beat up your party...
staff
pixel
Probably. But I beat FFXII in a week.
vip
pixel
you LIE!
staff
pixel
Still took me 60 hours. But only a week's real time.

I guess I'm just hardc0re like that.
vip
pixel
Or lame.
vip
pixel
dont you have like a job or something?!
staff
pixel
Not during winter break I don't.
staff
pixel
Square Haven is your job. Get to work!!!
vip
pixel
you're one lucky ass bastard.
vip
pixel
ok revival time...

I'm about to go attack the final boss but I think I need to level up to survive it, I really didn't have any trouble with the last level (I just destroyed the suncrest) but it was probably because I had that fourth character with my crew to make up for it, I have Vaan at level 45 and the rest are between 42-43. The strategy guide reccomends a level 45 or higher for all characters, I think I might try to bring them all up to level 50 before I move on.

to everyone who has beaten it or has reached the same point in the game as me, what level were/are you on? again I had no trouble at all making it through the last level with the extra character for help, so I don't feel that I am horribly under-leveled or anything.

I also need to buy the cleanse magic (would have helped a lot because I ran out of vaccines and had to deal with three characters with disease until I found a save point in the last area I was in) I can't find which store it is in and its wasting my teleport spheres or whatever they are. anyone know where I can buy this to save me the trouble?

who here (besides ziyad) has beaten this game yet? its been so horribly long that I've been playing and I'm glad I get the week off this week to finally catch up with it.
staff
pixel
I think Matt and Ziyad have written a guide for that game.
staff
pixel
I haven't contributed anything to the guide yet; we also have no walkthrough.

I can't get my game up right now (I think I was mid-50s) but you won't have to worry about any status effects for the final dungeon. Make sure you have Bubble, though (it is essential) and Protectga/Shellga gambits. Your biggest assests are stat-boosters. Having Holy/Flare helps (or Shades of Black). Brave is also extremely helpful. Basically, you'll need to deal and take a lot of damage.
vip
pixel
I don't really need a walkthrough since I have a strategy guide I just was curious as to what everyones levels were at that stage of the game. (and the magic question but Rachel answered it for me so no worries there).

I have Holy and I need to buy Flare (I have the license for it already) and I have no idea if I have bubble if I do I've never used it so I'll be sure to make sure to get it if I don't already have it next time I play.
staff
pixel
It temporarily doubles your max HP, letting you take hits you would not otherwise be able to take.
vip
pixel
I'm just about ready to go do the whole Suncryst dungeon, um, lv. 50 on everybuddy... Just sweeping up all the Espers. Bubble is sweet; as is Bubble Belts.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #296 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?