March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Those silly campers...

vip
pixel
So, I went into work today at 5pm tonight and lo-and-behold... There was already a line formed for the PS3 outside my Best Buy.... At first I was like, "Yup, figured they'd be camping overnight."... When it dawned on me, The PS3 launch isn't for another TWO days!!! They're going to camp out for over 36 hours waiting for their chance to get a system...

To which I'm aware, we're only getting 26 TOTAL... about 20 of the fancy-smancy 60gig ones, and 6 of the 20gig... The line, when I left this evening, had already wrapped around the building, and probably stood at 40 strong...

Now, all I have to say is "that's dedication (for the first 30), and greater stupidity (for the rest)...

Man, if I had three days off, and the money to afford the system... I'D STILL BUY MYSELF A WII AND POCKET THE DIFFERENCE!!!!
vip
pixel
Maybe some of these are camping for a Wii as well? haha
vip
pixel
Not yet... They'll be coming shortly after though... sad thing is, we'll be getting about 100 wii.... (or that's what my supervisor says back in the warehouse)
vip
pixel
Nico went to circut city last night and called me to say there was a line up of people camping out for the PS3... I didn't even know it was coming out. I'm not getting one till I can afford one which will be never. I'll probably get the Wii though.
vip
pixel
Well, my sup was wrong, we're getting 70 Wii, and as of 11pm on the 17th, we had 5 campers waiting for their Wii... (Oh, PS3 sales went smoothly at our location, no issues! We even got 4 additional units in from our daily shuttle! Needless to say, those four didn't stay on the shelves longer than a minute or so... but it was kinda neat to say 'yeah, we got a few more in earlier')...
pixel
And all the PS3s ended up buying sold on Ebay, oh the joys of capitalism!
vip
pixel
actually they're struggling to sell those, even
pixel
Guess the demands wasn't as high as everyone thought after all? The bastards deserve it, trying to exploit the consumer and taking away consoles from people who actually wanted to play.

I have to give a hand to Sony. Marketing ploy or not, the shortages really did give them a huge publicity boost.

On a slightly different note, did anyone see the smashmyps3 video? You could almost hear to screams of agony from all the Sony fanboys all around the world.
vip
pixel
Well the only people who did a console shortage ON PURPOSE was Microsoft
pixel
Worked well with Microsoft as well, the Ebay prices back then if I can remember were massive.

hehehe now this is hilarious: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300051023981
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #299 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?