March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. Don't despair, however; the work started here more than ten years ago continues at Videogam.in.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/square/public/index/inc/class.forum.php on line 1462

Forums / Secret of Mana / Great Game

pixel
Square: When we getting the full version?
staff
pixel
I don't think the decision makers at Square Enix read this forum. Also, what the fuck are you talking about, "full version"?
pixel
Secret of Mana was originally intended as a launch title for SNES CD.
When they dropped the project however, they fit Secret of Mana onto an SNES Cartridge, by cutting out 40% of the game, and downgrading the graphics.
pixel
and i was hoping someone on this forum might've been able to find out some information that I couldn't find.
staff
pixel
My instant question is how much of this 40% was physically complete or, for that matter, a complete visualization. The way you describe it, you want Square to bring back something that was a figment of someone's imagination more than a decade back. I've never heard anything of the sort, so I wondering what your sources are and how much of these missing pieces actually exist.
pixel
Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana Games, said that "if the fans want it, it is possible" when talking about a full version of Secret of Mana.
staff
pixel
First time I've heard of such a scenario, but seeing as how I'm too much of a sloth to investigate properly, I'll take your word for it. However, if you ask me... a full version of Secret of Mana seems a trivial request when the jewel that is Seiken Densetsu 3 remains devoid of localization.
pixel
Seiken Densetsu 3 would be nice also...
staff
pixel
Kanji said:
a full version of Secret of Mana seems a trivial request when the jewel that is Seiken Densetsu 3 remains devoid of localization.

Yeah, agreed. But Square's laggardly disposition toward SD3 doesn't really matter since the fans have picked up the ball that Square dropped by making emulation translations. Similarly, I'm looking forward to the Mother 3 translation project. Why Square and Nintendo aren't bothering to localize great games like these is beyond me.
staff
pixel
Veszerin said:
Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana Games, said that "if the fans want it, it is possible" when talking about a full version of Secret of Mana.

Okay, so I'm going to infer that your answer to my question is essentially "no", and the full version exists in Ishii's head. If I'm wrong, please go ahead and call me on it and explain.

The other thing I feel compelled to mention is that I don't think I would want Koichi Ishii touching Secret of Mana again only to ruin it--I refer of course to the mess he's made with at least two, and I've heard three, of the World of Mana titles.

I love SoM up and down too, but let's be practical here.
pixel
hmmmm..very true
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #324 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?