March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Microsoft said to have recently attempted to acquire both Sega and Square

staff
pixel
Holy shit. I would have had to buy an Xbox!!!

Well, I may have to buy one anyways for Psychonauts. Goddamn witty Tim Schafer.
pixel
fuck that.
I think I will be fine with how the companies are right now thanks very much Microsoft? have you not caused enough pain already?
staff
pixel
Strong-arm tactics, but a good idea if they won't fall into your lap.

I don't know if it'd be good enough, though. Xbox has hardly any market share and the PS2's dominance is overwhelming.
staff
pixel
Let me clarify: in Japan.

Square is an important player, but Square simply does not make or break consoles. Correlation, not causation.
staff
pixel
True, Paul. But the combination of Square and Sega would create quite a compelling force. I don't know that the Japanese could resist.

However, Sega is already developing most of their finest for Xbox, so it would really be like adding Square into the equation. And as you said, Square does not have the power to make or break.
staff
pixel
And I don't want to hear any bullshit about how Square has made every console since the NES. Square is just a sheep in the herd and the herd goes where the money is.
staff
pixel
Microsoft tried to grab Nintendo too, but Yamauchi told Microsoft to get lost. See? Hiroshi Yamauchi is good for something.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #509 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?