March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Super Mario RPG rumored for GBA release

staff
pixel
Why only ports? Where are the new RPG-type games (Final Fantasy Tactics will just be a gaiden, as was Tactics Ogre), and not something mediocre like Golden Sun (the original)...
staff
pixel
I assume RPG-type games require quite an effort and are a commitment developers aren't willing to take for the GBA. We do have Castlevania, you know, whose heart is in the right place. And I hear Harmony of Dissonance mops the floor with Circle of the Moon.
pixel
I'm happy with a port, it'll make me remember the good days of SNES.
pixel
I think that it is sad that the first post on this fantastic news (if true) has to point out the negatives. Of all the games for the SNES, Super Mario RPG is the one I most wanted to see ported. An informal survey I held said that even those who hate ports would love SMRPG.

Do realize, BTW, that SMRPG is extremely hard to port. It actually ran on what most consider superior hardware. (The cartridge upgraded the SNES to almost Playstation status!) I have heard many people say that a GBA port of the game might be physically impossible. So if Nintendo pulls it off, I'd be extremely happy.
staff
pixel
While I doubt the preventions were hardware issues, any such constraints have been obliterated by the release of the DS.

And now we must leave it to fortune and the shareholders.
staff
pixel
Super Mario RPG is archaic and ugly. Please develop a Paper Mario DS game or a sequel to Mario & Luigi, kthx.
staff
pixel
amen.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #514 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?