March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / Square considering Final Fantasy VII sequel

pixel
*pisses in pants from excitement*
pixel
that's great!!
staff
pixel
I'm probably the only one who wants a Final Fantasy VIII-2. The cast is made up of a bunch of people who grew up as mercenaries; it sounds like something that could be all Tactical Espionage Action-ish to me. Mm.

Sephiroth's dead. Bringing him back, which is what everyone basically wants, would seem sort of hackneyed. I dunno.
pixel
omg omg omg omg omg!

*yells*

OMG!
pixel
Heh. I remember having multiple conversations with my friends back in high school about how cool it would be if they made a direct sequel to FF7?

Hell, even a really enhanced remake would make me nut my pants!
pixel
The worst idea i've ever heard. They made one of the best games ever, and they're going to ruin it by making a sequel. It doesn't even make sense to have a sequel to it. FFX at least can make sense. The whole idea just seems stupid. They should leave FFVII the way it is.
staff
pixel
I completely fail to see how making a sequel will effect Final Fantasy VII itself in any way, shape, or form. Final Fantasy VII has been out for over five years and there's nothing Square can do to hinder the impression it's made on the industry. Surely Square can expand its legacy be making a sequel?
pixel
Who cares about legacies, people buy games to have fun. Not to have as a collection. And how is making a sequel to FF7 a mistake for squaresoft? The only thing squaresoft cares about is Money(as so do all companies). And money is what theyre going to get when they make this game and i mean lots of money, so its not a mistake at all because theyre getting what they want. You think they care how this game is going to be remembered? No, they just want their pay checks to have more $$$. FF7 will be a success for the company. And in the end we will be awarded with a good game.
pixel
Admittedly, I'm one of those people who will buy anything Square, with very few exceptions (I can't stand SaGa Frontier, personal preference). But aside from our own personal tastes about a few isolated games, has Square ever given us a crappy installment in the Final Fantasy series? While I myself can't imagine how the storyline of a sequel to FF7 would go, I can guarantee that if it were to come out, Square would do a damn good job of it. It wouldn't be some 'Sephiroth rises from the dead and tries to destroy the world again, Cloud & Co. must strap on their weapons and kill him'. Square doesn't do crap like that. They'll do a hell of a good job, like always, and give us a quality game with more reason for playing than being an original FF7 fan.
pixel
i think that it would be a smart move financially for square seeing that the movie and 11 didn't fly the way they needed it. low on money?....bring back ff7. as a gamer point of you, there were so many questions left un answered, so much confusion in that story line, i'm dying to know more. however...is knowing all the answers really a good thing, would we have played the game so many times over if it was just a simple game like that. every time i played, i interpereted the game differently with the way i think, or whats going down in my life at that time. i still question so much shit, but...like...i like still having things to think about. hell f***in yea make a sequal...but it's just an oposing argument...long live square! long live Cloud!
pixel
Fuck yes!bring them back.
pixel
I sure as shit hope FFVII-2 will have Kingdom Hearts style gameplay!! And I hope it has a nice story! But this is Square, have they ever ceased to amaze you? Just lok at Kingdom Hearts, I fell in love with Doald all over again@
pixel
FINALLY!! I have been talking about a sequel to VII ever since VIII came out! Personally I could care less about X-2! I thought X was pretty pathetic. Not to mention VIII! Ech!! That game left a bad taste in my mouth. IX was alright but i fell in love with VII. Infact my friend logged more hours in that game than the counter could count! He maxed it out at 99:59:59 and he still played after that!
pixel
Brilliant sheer brilliance there could be nothing better than a final fantasy VII sequel. I would love to see what happens between tifa and cloud now that aeris is gone, or is she?
pixel
FF VII-2?
OH YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
come on Square, make this thing real!
staff
pixel
This is what I heard:

FFVII is a prequel.

Zack and Cloud were actually lovers, and the game is all about their steamy misadventures. Aerith is also in the game... for obvious reasons.

(Waiting for the F-bombs.)
pixel
FFVII-2 would be the best idea since sliced bread and square would defently not be making a mistake in making it. ffVII is by far the most amazing game ever when i played it i got pulled in eg. i felt the same emotions that the characters had. cloud is the most deep character in game history and sephiroth has got to be the coolest villian in any game. the second that aereis died i felt the emotion in the game. and on another note the soundtrack was excellent. the game was so good that i played through the game 8 times and have maxed out every thing, even money. i hope that square give up with final fantasy XI which has crap graphics compared to ten and go on with FFVII-2. for all you fucks who actually enjoyed FFVIII that has the worst story of any of the fantasy series get a fucking life VII is far better. I fucking hope that FFVII-2 comes to xbox if square ever gets off thier arses and make it.
pixel
just one more thing, paul fuck up
staff
pixel
yeah, paul. fuck up!
pixel
::sob::
I've been wait for this f***ing moment since 7th grade...
::sob::
God !$#%& bless you, Square!
staff
pixel
Yeah. I fuck up!

This "sazco" character is classic fanboy material!

Of course Cloud is the "most deep" and Sephiroth the "coolest villian." That's erudition for you.

"The second that aereis died i felt the emotion in the game." Really? So did I.

Also, an anti-FFVIII fanboy, and, amazingly, Xbox fanboy! Hmph! Potty-mouthed twerps these days!
pixel
God damn it, i felt so good to own and finish all 10 ff's and now they are coming up with sequels, i say just stick with individual storylines, sequels always wreck the game.... well not always but most of the time anyway.
pixel
Holy (insert deity and/or random obscenity here)! I've been HOOKED on this game since 6th grade! I fell in love with the characters and the storyline. I would bow down and kiss the feet of the Squaresoft developers if they went 'n did it! XD
pixel
Ahem All I got to say is " HELL YEA Squaresoft!!!" You give what your fans want Cloud and the gang. I also like to say I highly doubt this will ever make it to X-Box. I'm not against X-Box or anything but if it that was soo FF X and XI XII should of be announce for that platform by now.
pixel
Ahem All I got to say is " HELL YEA Squaresoft!!!" You give what your fans want Cloud and the gang. I also like to say I highly doubt this will ever make it to X-Box. I'm not against X-Box or anything but if it that was soo FF X and XI XII should of be announce for that platform by now.
pixel
OMG! OMG! THAT WOULD BE SOOO FREAKING COOL!!! A SEQUAL TO FF7?! WE NEED THAT GAME RIGHT NOW! XD
pixel
HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT ORGANISING A PETITION TO SEND TO SQUARE?
THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH WITH THIS!!
pixel
h
pixel
Leave Sephiroth dead. Let us find clues to understand what the hell the ending of the original meant. Show Tifa in a bikini, or in nothing at all. That would be enough for a juicy sequel.
pixel
Pls don't f**k this one up Square... Please oh please!!! I wanna good sequel this time.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #590 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?