March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / News / "There will be no Final Fantasy VII remake", says Square Enix

pixel
I didn't stay up. I play fast. Real fast.
pixel
Primigenus, please...I for one would like to know more about the games BattleMax has finished and when he's beaten them.
pixel
What a site. We have an Idiot, A naysayer, A guy who doesn't like the Idiot, and some others who agree with the Idiot hater.
pixel
You Little.....
pixel
And Primigenus, you a bad futher mucker. Cussing goes against my code. Seriously. I have an honor code.
vip
pixel
your honor code sucks....

like a bloody tampon... that's not bad language, just disgusting... do something about it...

battle max... your actually admitting to being a one minute man? oh ah uh dude... not a good start in this budding life of yours... so sad, at such a young age...
staff
pixel
Let's see, two days is about 36 hours of being awake.

So on your first try, you beat FFT in 36 hours!
Yeah!

No!
pixel
Jeez. Hes a liar too.

And the futher mucker was just a joke.
pixel
Ah verbal abuse. I wonder whether Paul, Matt, and anyone else who reads these posts in recent weeks are amused. Look, as far as RPG's are concerned, beating the game quickly is a bad thing. You should take your time, enjoy the game, take a look around. Beating a game in 2 days is a crime, or at least, it should be. Think about how much effort went into that game, you just burnt it in 2 days. Come on man, slow down.
pixel
GUESS WHAT?! News form GameInformer that in their article on FF7: AC they stated this: "As of noew, Square Soft is planning on re-releasing the original PSone Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation 2, No details have been given as to whether the game will feature any new content or upgrades in graphics or gameplay."

I've been waitin 6 years for this people... Aeris will live once more!!!!
pixel
You better hope its true.
pixel
I'd be interested to see if Squenix releases a game that they just officially stated they wouldn't. I'm still ambivalant as to whether a re-release would be good...
pixel
Well, hopefully they do make either a remake or a sequel to FF7 because I think that was the best FF game made and I think that they would make a lot of money by doing so.
staff
pixel
Uh huh, Square Soft told Game Informer there would be a remake? After Square Enix mentioned there wouldn't? Gee I wonder who's right...
pixel
KiXx437 didn't say remake, he said a re-release. None-the-less it still sounds like bullshit to me. Why would they rerelease FF7 for the PS2 when you can still buy it everywhere for the PSone.
pixel
And KiXx437... why would you be waiting 6 years for the same game that you have been able to buy for 6 years for the PSone?
pixel
This news seriously disappoint me... this is just gay. They are game creators, and before that, before they start working on games, they were once like us, people who are addicted to games and loves them. Dun they understand our feelings? how much we love Final Fantasy 7? it's story, characters, music combination with scenes and most important of all, Atmosphere are all known as perfect. I understand they have to take alot of time to make the game and it does cost quite alot of money, but im sure they would earn it back if FF7 remaking is released. Just look at the Final Fantasy 7 characters if you ever played Kingdom Heart, DAMN THEY LOOK COOL!!!! Cloud, nothing to say, he's just the (*&(%*&% best, coolest ever. Sephiroth also, mate just fabulous, the best. and all the others such as the female characters, imagine if they remake the game with those? it would be great. the remake doesn't have to be the same movies and stuff? they can improve the movies and change the movies around but except dun change the story and try to make the atmosphere EVER BETTER (which is hard). Square Enix, there are numerous Final Fantasy freaks like we outside in this world, and surely they would love the remake and your money would surely be earned back by large amounts. Wouldn't it be great to have a original version and a improved version? it's just like Pac-man games, tons of people love those games, and they have all the versions. Final Fantasy 7, is the type of game, that is worth to improve.

FATTESTGREATEST
pixel
WEll I dont mean to be rude or disrepectful, oh wait YES I DO!

Damn Japs must be the dumbest motherfuckers on EARTH! Pointless to make a remake! It should not be a question of Yes or No, but a matter of WHEN!!!
Only a complete and utter moron would not jump at the chance to remake only one of the MOST popular games of our time!

I only hope they find the BRAINS to do it?

When will they learn there company depends on what WE want not what THEY want!!!
pixel
Those MORONS and Square-Enix, make a remake, THEN after they make MILLIONS off that, make a sequel, to capitalize. they would be wollowing in bags of money!!!

AND all of there DEDICATED and LOYAL fans would be HAPPY!!! (get a hint and a clue Square-Enix, grow some brains)
pixel
I also wanted to add WHEN they do make the sequel KEEP the materia system!!!

FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY IN THIS WORLD KEEP IT INTACT!!!
pixel
Well first of all Nice to meet you all and excuse my english, is not good. Ok, my personall tougth about all this is that is a load of horse crap. How dare you say it's "pointless". I mean do you heard wich are the fans demands. Let me remind you that we're the ones that made u richer and we could still make you even more richer if you quit the crap and listen what we, the fans, want.
pixel
Undoubtedly, FFVII is the best game ever made. Does Square not realize that all of us who had the original will purchase the second coming? Talk about a cash cow! In addition, all of the new players will become fans, and the greatness will continue. The Final Fantasy Series has already become a dynasty, why not make FFVII the Godfather?
pixel
i seriously hope that Square-Enix decide to do a u-turn on their decision, as VII was the FF game that got me hooked on the series. I had always avoided RPG's until one day i played VII and the rest is history.

Anyway i digress, my point is alright VII may well still be available, but the discs will only last so long as i have managed to get through 3copies of the game (mainly cos when lent out, no care has been taken with the discs). But I feel that a remake (NOT re-issue) would make an already outstanding game, a bone-fide certified all time great and probably attract a new breed of gamer as the old "Manga styled" graphics put off a lot of peeps i know, and "fresh" X-2 style graphics would attract a whole new generation of gamers.
pixel
Right okay. Listen. Final Fantasy VII is the best game ever made. Everything about it is perfect, the graphics, okay, yes, could have been better. But with a storyline like that, it doesn't matter. What is the point in touching or remaking something like that? It's amazing! I know a remake would be great, but undoubtly, they'd change something. Why? I don't see the point. VII = perfect the way it is.
staff
pixel
Necropost eh? That's over 2 years right there. Not to mention this is the same post that I just saw...
pixel
what!! you guy get the hope of every ff7 fan up and crush them that below the belt.
Post a Comment
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #896 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?