March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Drakengard 2 / Drakengard 2

pixel
its coming out on the 14th! time to hype!

This sequel to the Square-Enix action game continues the multifaceted air and ground combat of the original. Drakengard 2 (known as Drag On Dragoon in Japan) takes place 18 years after the events of the original. The whereabouts of the original's hero, Caim, are unknown to anyone. A new young knight called Nowe serves as the playable main character. Together with his dragon, Legna, Nowe takes part in land and air-based battles, just like in the original, albeit with more refined gameplay. The kill-all mechanics and upgradable weapons of the original return with this title, with the promise of faster action. While on the ground, the game now lets you change freely between characters, with no limit. You'll want to switch characters in order to best match the enemy at hand. Other additions include new mega attacks while airborne.

(taken from ign)

Trailers









Square Haven's coverage of Drakengard 2

ready to take part in a sick twisted world called Drakengard 2?
i know i sure am. :P



(tried to make it identical to the radiata stories hype)
pixel
I'm positive this is already out in Europe, I could be wrong but meh.
vip
pixel
so you actually liked the first one?

Seek help in finding good taste
vip
pixel
I remember the first one really sucking...
staff
pixel
I've heard the second one is just as mediocre.
staff
pixel
Still, thanks for the info compilation, Nataru.
pixel
the first one was.. well i think this one might be a bit better?
pixel
I actually liked the first one. It definitely had it's flaws but the story was great and the characters were just BIZZARE. The constant whacking monsters got a little tiresome but I grooved on leveling up the weapons and finding them.

I got the sequal and so far it plays a lot like the first except the areas are much more interesting, you move a lot faster and combat seems quicker too. Plus, it's a lot harder. You can equip accessories now and you have healing items to use instead of relying on the orbs to show up.

So far I'm not dissappointed at all. :wub:
vip
pixel
Magic Pink said:
I actually liked the first one. It definitely had it's flaws but the story was great and the characters were just BIZZARE. The constant whacking monsters got a little tiresome but I grooved on leveling up the weapons and finding them.

I got the sequal and so far it plays a lot like the first except the areas are much more interesting, you move a lot faster and combat seems quicker too. Plus, it's a lot harder. You can equip accessories now and you have healing items to use instead of relying on the orbs to show up.

So far I'm not dissappointed at all. :wub:




youre part of the problem
pixel
the bizzareness makes the game a drakengard..
i love it too.. gives it a nice touch.
pixel
just finished the game! huge improvements have been made! but it still not worth the price... wait a bit

this game really makes me look forward a drakengard 3...
vip
pixel
i'll pick it up at an EBgames bargain bin for 5 bucks in 6 months, just for the sake of my collection
vip
pixel
nataru said:
just finished the game! huge improvements have been made! but it still not worth the price... wait a bit

this game really makes me look forward a drakengard 3...

Play a good game about the genre like Dinasty Warriors or a Panzer Dragoon[/HINT]
pixel
LittleCactaur said:
i'll pick it up at an EBgames bargain bin for 5 bucks in 6 months, just for the sake of my collection

same lol .. i just rented it

my sister rented Dynasty warriors 5 on the same day.. and i like drakengard 2 better. it has like a acual story.. instead of twisted chinese history.

combat has evolved alot . jump is alot higher, now theres jump attacks.
if a enemy throws you into the airyou can press a button to land andeven before you land you can hit off some nice combos.

maybe im just sick of dynasty warriors (played almost all of them).
repetitiveness is so anoying..

Last edited by nataru on March 14, 2006

staff
pixel
nataru said:
repetitiveness is so anoying..

Might I suggest Xenosaga 2 as an alternative to annoying repetitiveness.
pixel
Maybe it's because I have little imagination, but killing the crap out of a bunch of brainless soldiers sure was a blast for me.

Haven't played the second one, but it was either that or Grandia III..
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #196 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?

0.461