March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / Valkyrie Profile -Silmeria- / I've just started playing recently.

staff
pixel
Has anyone else picked this up when it was released or played through it? I got giddy the second I heard Tri-Ace's age-old menu sound effects. Having played a ways through Valkyrie Profile and then putting my hands on this, I say it is somewhat superior. The battle system contains a degree of depth absent from the...plot sequel, and obviously the world looks gorgeous. Tri-Ace's attention to detail returns again, and I am elated. They can do no wrong.

Okay, so Radiata Stories sucked balls, but everyone makes a mistake.
staff
pixel
Yeah, I got it when it was released a year ago and loved it. I'm pretty torn between it and the first one though.
staff
pixel
Wait--how is it even a competition? You must be sporting some serious nostalgia, because I'm finding Silmeria to be better than VP:Lenneth in almost every way.
staff
pixel
It's Rachel. Her high school career consisted of beating Star Ocean 2 thrice weekly. How she graduated we'll never know.
staff
pixel
I almost failed middle school because of SO2. :(
staff
pixel
Rahul said:
It's Rachel. Her high school career consisted of beating Star Ocean 2 thrice weekly. How she graduated we'll never know.

The sad thing is, that's pretty spot on. I'm probably the only one here that has beaten Unlimited Indalecio on Universe difficulty.

Part of it is nostalgia, the other part is story (which takes awhile to really get good) and the cookie cutter Einherjar. Really, the only thing that sets them apart are their appearances. And going from vastly different Einherjar with their own attacks and voices to this, it was absurd for them to cut corners there.
staff
pixel
Ziyad, I apologize. I messed up.

Last edited by Jeriaska on August 27, 2007

staff
pixel
I didn't even mention the name Yoshiharu Gotanda. Are you confused, Jeriaska?
staff
pixel

staff
pixel
Not naming Gotanda because he was talking about SO2 as an entity and not its creator per sé are not the same thing.

Ziyad is an excellent writer and got A grades throughout high school. What are you basing this presumptuous information off of?

You have a problem with causation versus correlation. This is ironic given that you like to pretend that you're the resident English maestro. Take some classes and then come back.
staff
pixel

vip
pixel
What the FUCK are you people talking about. Leave your personal nanny fights for AIM
staff
pixel

vip
pixel
Dont you have a staff forum for that?
staff
pixel
Jeriaska, I accept your apology and remove my statements.

Last edited by Ziyad on August 27, 2007

staff
pixel
Wow. What happened here. Surprised am total.
Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1483 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?