March 28, 2008, Square Haven has ceased updates indefinitely. What you see below is an archived version.

Forums / who here is DBZ fan?

pixel
anyone here play dbz and watch the series?
pixel
Dragon Ball Z is arguably the most popular Anime of all time.
pixel
Indeed it is. Now if only they could release the series with nonstop fighting scenes and cut the talking scenes..... O>O
pixel
ya, that'd be nice.

I still remember waiting all day for a new episode...think it was during the Namek saga.
And then sitting watching it and by the end of it, all they had done was talk :(
pixel
DBZ is somewhere between sub-par and mediocre as a tv show. I enjoyed the show when I watched on whatever channel it was on before cartoon network. This was probably when I was 9 or 10, maybe 11 years old. When I hit 14 the show started getting stale real fast. The fighting game for the Wii is quite fun, but I would never buy it as I could never see myself playing it on a regular basis. I want to know when another show with a little more substance is going to last this long in popularity.
pixel
i agree with you fully
pixel
i agree with you fully
staff
pixel
I just want to interject. This topic is so stimulating that I would like to reward you all with thumbs ups
Congratufuckinglations on being super rad!
vip
pixel
Watching? Paying? What about fucking READING?

The anime sucks and the games suck even worse, the only element of Dragon Ball that is of amazing quality is the manga.
pixel
I just want to interject. This topic is so stimulating that I would like to reward you all with thumbs ups
Congratufuckinglations on being super rad!

you rock matt
staff
pixel
DBZ's much better if you stop taking it seriously. Akira Toriyama didn't intend it that way anyways. The names are evidence enough of that.
pixel
I've always been a DBZ fan, even way back when Dragonball was on. But DBZ does get old after quickly. The video games all kick complete ass!
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, being the best one that's come out so far. Budokai 2 could have been just as good, but the whole game board playing piece in the carrer mode was just horrible. It completely ruined the game for me.
pixel
yea budokai 3 was really great, but i don't think budokai 2 was all that great the stupid chess crud was gay for me 2 and i think for everyone else also
pixel
Xavi, if they hadn't put Dragon Ball Z in the US, we'd probably never get the following:

Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Yu Yu Hakusho
Trigun

and 50 other Anime's i can't name off the top of my head.

Without the popularity of DBZ, very few animes would get translated to english, or at least nowhere near as quickly.
pixel
really? if dbz never came to the us none of the other awesome (specially fullmetal alchemist) wouln't come? wow DBZ is important
staff
pixel
Yeah, FFS, DBZ should never have been released here. Then we wouldn't have had anime! And the world would have been a much better place.
staff
pixel
"Eh..I like my girls like I like my dinner plate. Crammed with tentacles."

But if there were no anime (or calamari) I couldn't have made that joke. And I think it's marginally just-below-adequate.

:(
vip
pixel
We? Fuck this America bullshit, Im from Spain bitch and I get my anime from Japan, subbed. Couldnt care less if nobody in the US liked anime or not.
pixel
Subbed is usually the better way to go anyways. Voices here sometimes do horrible dubbing.
staff
pixel
I can live without InuYasha... in fact... I'm pretty sure I'm going to step in my TARDIS now and make things right....
pixel
I don't mind watching dubs, as there are good ones out there. Cowboy Bebop and Jin-Roh are some good examples. I can't deny the importance of DBZ for anime in the US, I just wish it could have been a better show to do it, and that some of the residual effects had never occurred.
pixel
dubbed animes huh? well i agree with rachel that i could live without inuyasha i watched that whole series telling myself that i'm not gonna miss the final episode and then saturady comes and i miss it dang stupid 10 frikan seasons or 11 however many
pixel
What about Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Now, I've seen this whole fucking show, so many times, but I still don't understand a lot of it! Call me names if you wish, but I get sick of trying to understand what's going on.

Another thing......I don't care what anyone says.....Naruto needs to be put on Adult Swim!!! I'm tired of the stupid ass censored versions! Naruto kicks ass and curses so much! lol It's fucking hilarious in Japanese. And Nartuo, I think is much better subbed.
pixel
yea i never understood ghost in the shell that frikan show was weird but good i guess it was too much for my primitave brain i'm not that much of a naruto fan but hey what ever you say i guess
pixel
Yup. Ghost in the Shell had that one episode where they just talked nonstop about laughing man. That one episode made me not watch it for over a year. When i picked it up again, it was actually pretty awesome.
pixel
uhh i remember seeing the last episode explaining the whole ghost in the shell thing like i said my primitave brain couldn't take it all in at once
pixel
From what I remember, there was a bunch of episodes about the Laughing Man. And I remember one episode in general when they had like some online debate, using their bodies of course, about politics and the incident with the laughing man.
Of course, I love watching the show. It's just, I barely understand anything that's going on.
pixel
That was the episode. lol.
pixel
Oh. lol
Well, there was another episode where the guy with the false body and strange eyes got into some type of firefight with the major, and they both where fighting some undercover forces or something.

All I remember is the end, when the Laughing man hacked that dude's eyes to the point where he wasn't visible, and he started screaming and shooting wildy into the air. lol

Still a cool show.
pixel
Fullmetal Alchemist = Best Anime.

shame it wasn't longer :(

Last edited by Veszerin on September 25, 2007

Post a Reply
Please log in to participate in the discussion.
Topic #1571 Invisible to nobody Closed to nobody
Login here
or cancel
Forgot your password?